Ian Holloway / FM.com

• SI Staff

A few months ago, some of you noticed an interview with Ian Holloway that said we were working on a secret project with him. Today we reveal all (as I said at the time, it wasn't an in game thing at all!)

Tonight Ian Holloway leads Blackpool into the second leg of the Championship Semi playoff with a one goal lead against Nottingham Forest.

With one of the smallest budgets in the division it’s a great example of man management and motivation vs big budget signings.

In his own trademark style “Olly” gives you an insight into how he does it with 6 teamtalks to inspire your own teams over www.FootballManager.com

And this relates to the game how?

Its a bit of fun!

Maybe do a collection of these to help the next release? Get some other 'characters' from the managerial world?

No one can match Olly though. Strachan and MON are decent but they don't come close. Maybe get some of 'Arry's 'triffics' in there!

I bloody hate Hollowhead...

Why? He's one of the funniest men to ever grace football. Proper character, no BS!

Seems to have worked...

He obviously said to Campbell to prove the point! :D

On topic: Nice addition to to main site, I had a good laugh seeing how the real managers are saying things that we say in FM. :D

Can you release a desktop version where Holloway randomly wanders onto your screen and throws quotes at you?

That would be brilliant! :D

How come you are allowed avatars and we aren't?

Off Topic.

Because it makes the forum look tacky. SI staff & moderators have avatars, users dont. Thats a good structured pattern in terms of indicating hierarchy too.

(Psychology nerd speak) :D

• SI Staff
Can you release a desktop version where Holloway randomly wanders onto your screen and throws quotes at you?

We'd love to have done, but the technology used doesn't allow it and, to be frank, we're working on more important things at the moment :)

Hollohead is one of the most unfunny and irritating people in football. He was more interested in having a laugh (without actually being funny) than winning matches at Leicester City.

The day after a game we lost, he was on TV covering the FA Cup, not working out why he'd failed again.

He seems to have somehow done well this season, and got the best out of that mercenary waste of space Dudley Campbell (Why didn't he do that at Leicester?), but at Leicester he was as incompetent as they come.

Disappointed SI have given him more coverage to talk nonsense.

There used to be a thread on here about how some of us would get far too into the game, and we'd imagine ourselves holding press conferences and team talks in our heads. Well...I guess you could say that this is kind of like that.

Come on this guy is a joke. Worst manager in the history of Leicester City, got us relegated into the third tier for the first time in 125 years.

He belongs in a circus, not in management.

Yeah, he's clearly a joke. :rolleyes: He's been succesful at many other clubs. Maybe there were massive problems in Leicester City football club that caused you to be relegated. Which is likely tbh.

Not that I want to get into a debate with a clearly biased l Leicester City fan about whether Ian Holloway is a joke tbh.

Come on this guy is a joke. Worst manager in the history of Leicester City, got us relegated into the third tier for the first time in 125 years.

He belongs in a circus, not in management.

Your club was a circus when he got there to be fair. 'Ollys done well with plenty of others as pointed out by Gillsman.

Its obvious you'll never agree but thats how it is.

Yeah, he's clearly a joke. :rolleyes: He's been succesful at many other clubs. Maybe there were massive problems in Leicester City football club that caused you to be relegated. Which is likely tbh.

Not that I want to get into a debate with a clearly biased l Leicester City fan about whether Ian Holloway is a joke tbh.

Leicester City were a joke that season, but Holloway could have done much better. He made the wrong signings, couldn't motivate, and made repeated tactical errors.

To cap it all off he was in the media saying ridiculous things all the time. I wish he'd dedicated as much time into gaining the 1 or 2 points City needed to survive, as he did saying extremely unfunny things to the media, because you do eventually get sick of your manager cracking jokes after every defeat.

He had long enough to turn it around, but never looked like doing it. His team produced my worst memory as a football supporter, and despite the issues at the start of the campaign, I blame a lot of that on him.

Thank God for Nigel Pearson, a proper manager with integrity, intelligence, and who commands respect.

Archived