zamora turns back on england

I am currently managing in the MLS and therefore loaded players from Caribbean. T&T sacked Latapy and have given me the job. After looking at the squad I saw that Zamora has decided he won't get chance with England so is now playing for me. Lets hope he can score goals!! Has anyone else taken over countries and noticed surprise players in their squad?

You do realise that Zamora was meant to play for T&T in real life last year (before this great season when he had no chance whatsoever of playing for England) against El Salvador but he was injured. The same match Jlloyd Samuel got his T&T debut in so its really not a surprise move, the only surprise is Zamora learnt how to play football this season.

I remember that too. I think he was playing in League 1 and scoring loads? In the same game Bret Ormerod was doing the same thing at Blackpool and was always signed by top teams, as was Zamora.

I think Zamora was actually referenced in an official FM manual or tutorial or something a few years back (when he was a young prospect). It may have been to do with the compensation implementation for young players.

I remember that too. I think he was playing in League 1 and scoring loads? In the same game Bret Ormerod was doing the same thing at Blackpool and was always signed by top teams, as was Zamora.

Because that's how it was in real life too. Robert Earnshaw too. As a basement division watcher of the days they were in it, all three of those had bags of potential that could have taken them all the way to the top - and FM reflected that perfectly. Hindsight though is a wonderful thing. ;)

Archived