Best way to find world class youngsters?

Obviously occasionally your scout will find one, other than this what is the best way to find them?

I found 2 when very young and poached both, and 2 others appeared on news when big clubs were chasing them - so were relatively cheap. However, others I discovered later so paid £43mil for one and recently spent £60mil on another.

The way I have tried so far is obviously try and send my scouts to as many places as possible then go to player search. Then filter players under 21 with (for example strikers) as least 10 on finishing and browse their attacking stats.

Does anyone have any better more productive methods?

When is the best time to try the above method? I would guess just after you get your new set of youngers (24 June I believe).

I tick all the attributes in the filter and set to "is at least 10". Then set Age is at most 17. Then ask it to match at least 20 out of 40-something attributes. If there isn't any results I will ask it to match 19 or 18, until I get results. Works really well for me, naturally you need a good scouting knowledge too.

Archived