Getting Old

When I was a kid, I used to love nothing more than being manager of Man u, Inter millan, Real madrid etc and buying all the best players, winning everything season after season. Even using the editor to give my club 100Million to spend. aI used to really enjoy this.

Now on FM2008 I cannot even get any joy managing my fave team - Bham city, because it is too easy. I have to take a club right from the bottom to the very top. (or at least work my way up as a manager)

Anyone else had this?

Originally posted by hazard:

Now on FM2008 I cannot even get any joy managing my fave team - Bham city, because it is too easy.

Blimey, you don't hear that too often.

I used to edit all the time and put me and my mates in or manage the top teams, now I still manage high up, but I like to earn the jobs at the really top teams.

Guest roberto922
so I take over a crap team and try and get myself a decent enough reputation for me to manage them.

So you're still managing Ipswich then? icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by roberto922:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so I take over a crap team and try and get myself a decent enough reputation for me to manage them.

So you're still managing Ipswich then? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha wise guy eh?

icon_razz.gif

Guest roberto922
Originally posted by happy slappy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roberto922:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so I take over a crap team and try and get myself a decent enough reputation for me to manage them.

So you're still managing Ipswich then? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha wise guy eh?

icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif I like to think so

Hazard, its a known psychology phenomenon: when we're young, we need frequent, easy victories to help build our self-confidence. That's why a little kid will cheat at checkers, for example. As we age and grow more secure in our place in the world, we start to need less-frequent victories with a higher emotional payoff: greater challenge, or longer time commitment.

Originally posted by Amaroq:

Hazard, its a known psychology phenomenon: when we're young, we need frequent, easy victories to help build our self-confidence. That's why a little kid will cheat at checkers, for example. As we age and grow more secure in our place in the world, we start to need less-frequent victories with a higher emotional payoff: greater challenge, or longer time commitment.

Well said Bro!

So Newcastle must be very secure then

I'm finding with my Woking game that it was a labour of love to start with, difficult as hell and incredibly frustrating at times. But now in my tenth season, the past four of which have been spent in the Premiership, the whole game seems to have evolved into a sort of sandbox mode where I'm...well....just slaying it really. This is fine by me; I've worked my way up, learnt from my mistakes and get a surprising [even to me] amount of results through the tactical nous that I arguably didn't have back in the BSP days. This is without doubt the most satisfying and enjoyable save I've had across the whole series.

I've forgotten what my point was. I think I was agreeing with the OP, probably ought to stop coming on here hammered.

Originally posted by hazard:

When I was a kid, I used to love nothing more than being manager of Man u, Inter millan, Real madrid etc and buying all the best players, winning everything season after season. Even using the editor to give my club 100Million to spend. aI used to really enjoy this.

Now on FM2008 I cannot even get any joy managing my fave team - Bham city, because it is too easy. I have to take a club right from the bottom to the very top. (or at least work my way up as a manager)

Anyone else had this?

You've pretty much described my exact FM situation these days. I never ever start with a team at the top now. Whereas in the past I'd always have a Spurs file as well as a file in Spain or Italy. Nowadays its bottom of the rung for me - challenges like dafuge's, Gundo's or the various similar themed ones are right up my street. Pretty much the only files I start now include holidaying the first season to get a 'previously unplayable team' in an attempt to take them to the top! So tough, but so much more rewarding icon_smile.gif

Wow icon14.gif

Archived