How does this work in real life..

I never paid close attention to this. In real life when a player signs a new contract at the end of the season indicating he will be staying at the club were there any occurrances where he still was transferred to another club? And if yes how often does this happen?

Because in FM it makes no difference - all interest and monitoring does get cleared but only after a few days,weeks they appear again and can disrupt the player.

I'm just curious.

It could happen, there really isn't anything stopping it I guess, though the player in question would face a ton of flak for doing so. I'm sure it happens now and then, a player signing a new contract and leaving less than a season after.

I guess it doesn't happen as much in real life because the process of holding contract talks can be tedious for all parties involves at times, and so it signifies commitment on the part of the club and player, a sort of agreement.

im sure in real life it has happened but not very often i cant think of an immediate example. in football manager as you say it seems to make very little difference, maybe there should be a "honeymoon period" at very least.

i just like players signing new contracts so they cant leave on bosmans :)

I find it even more interesting when a great player is transfer listed by request, then he decides to stay at the club, signs a new contract (as the old one is running out after the season) and not even a week later he wants to be transfer listed again.

I faced this problem in my game with Sturm Graz (Austrian Prem.). As a result, the team morale gets very low (I think that that's the reason).

Just as I suspected. It doesn't happen often enough while in FM it's like that all the time.

Do you think making the game so that when a player signs a new contract he wont be available till next transfer window - too drastic a measure or exploitive?

I do think it's a big deal in real life at least - they sign the contract and commit the future to the club.. or at least till the next transfer window. It's significant. Maybe make contract negotiations a bit more difficult but rewarding.

I really hate how in FM I have the player resign (usually your best and most sought after player) the interests get cleared, I read - "commits future" and everything. And then a few days later new interests appear and even offers which can pretty much unsettle him and the whole team.

The way I see it, if a player is wanted by other clubs, and he wants to leave, offering him more money might make him want to stay but depending on the reasons he wants to leave ie bigger club etc, its not going to make that much difference.

Also all getting a new contract does is put the price up, if they want him that much they would come back with a bigger offer

Irl it's all a matter of the price. The club's demands will certainly go up if a player has just renewed his contract. As far as I'm aware this is mirrored well in FM.

The same applies to the player really. No player will reject ManU because he just renewed at Everton, nor would a player reject a payrise of some percentage. If the offer is right, it doesn't matter.

So I'd say irl the deal killer would rather be the old club's demands than the player's increased loyalty after having signed a new contract. Yet, irl such a player would probably be a bit less likely to make a lot of fuzz if his club rejects to sell.

Archived