Changing penalty taker so a player can complete a hattrick

so i was playing a uefa champions league match, and my striker scored twice, later there was a penalty awarded for my team, so, instead of my main penalty taker, who has penalty taking 18, my striker which has penalty taking 5 took it, and of course he missed, later the opposition scored, so now ill have to go to the 2nd leg with only 1 goal difference because of this, is there anyway for this NOT to happen again, at least on important games? if i have a player on the list i want HIM to take the penalty not someone else, especially someone with 5 pk taking :thdn:

so i was playing a uefa champions league match, and my striker scored twice, later there was a penalty awarded for my team, so, instead of my main penalty taker, who has penalty taking 18, my striker which has penalty taking 5 took it, and of course he missed, later the opposition scored, so now ill have to go to the 2nd leg with only 1 goal difference because of this, is there anyway for this NOT to happen again, at least on important games? if i have a player on the list i want HIM to take the penalty not someone else, especially someone with 5 pk taking :thdn:

Yes, it sucks.

No, you can't stop it from happening.

Maybe an option to tick in the 'team instructions' screen to remove this would be a good addition.

Would give the user the opportunity to turn it off before big games or remove it during a game that may be 2-2 for example.

I actually like this feature and think it adds more realism to the game - as this does happen in real life. Perhaps even add it for trying to win the golden boot (Drogba!)

I do however feel that care should be taken. For example - Fat Frank took Chelsea's first penalty and Drogba the second when they had already won the game. Same for Hatricks - only change player if safe to so so.

I actually like this feature and think it adds more realism to the game - as this does happen in real life. Perhaps even add it for trying to win the golden boot (Drogba!)

I do however feel that care should be taken. For example - Fat Frank took Chelsea's first penalty and Drogba the second when they had already won the game. Same for Hatricks - only change player if safe to so so.

In life the OP's situation wouldn't have happened.

4-0 up with 10 mins left fair enough but with the result still in the balance...

Archived