Thanks FM!

After 2 seasons of finishing 2nd with Dundee Utd, I'm in my 3rd season.

- Top of the league, clear by 15 points.

- 32 game unbeaten run.

- In final of League Cup.

- In Quarter Finals of Scottish Cup.

- In 2nd Knockout Round of Euro Cup, having beaten the likes or Roma, Everton and Fenerbache.

- Board and fans confidence is sky high.

So it makes sense that completely out of the blue I get this message eh?

sackedlol.jpg

So glad I poured countless hours into this game just for that sacking with absolutely no reasoning or anything. And before anyone suggests it I've already reloaded my previous save game, and the sacking continues to happen.

Fantastic.

Yeah it's not FMs fault. I'm doing phenomenal with the team, and the board love me and the fans love me - so it makes perfect sense that they'd sack me eh?

Club taken over = No.

Applied for other job = No.

Oh, I have experinced this pain. Taking some LL team up three divisions in 4 years and being sacked mid season half way up the championship.

Was it an edited DB just out of interest?

My suggestion. Load a new manager and start with your team. Not perfect but have a crack anyway, not all down the drain.

Otherwise, load Fifa for a bit. :D

The par saying they deny a replacment has beeen identified usually means the opposite- if you continue does another manager come in straight away ?

This is manager-speak. The words "we fully back our manager" are usually followed by the non-spoken words "because we haven't found a replacement yet".

thats awful, would feel gutted after spending that long on it

Worst thing is I've been trying and trying since FM 2010 came out to get into a game of it. Finally did, and then this happens :(

The par saying they deny a replacment has beeen identified usually means the opposite- if you continue does another manager come in straight away ?

Nope they used a caretaker manager. Although I tried reloading the save a few times, and one of the times it had George Burley come out of nowhere to say he wants the Dundee Utd job. Had never happened any of the other times though.

Upload the save where this happens to the ftp site and open a thread advising this and the save game name in the bugs forum as this should not happen.

Will do.

If you want to keep going with nothing changing then what you need to do is load your save just before you get sacked, use FMRTE to save the managers profile, then once you get sacked, start as a new manager in charge of that club and import the profile you saved into your new manager using FMRTE.

he didnt improve from 2 times 2nd place. he was to win the league but he didnt i guess

oth in terms of rl and fm that is nonsense. Just look at the confidence screenie he posted.

If nothing happened like a takeover, bad finances or an ultimatum, then there is no way why anyone would even think of sacking him.

One for the bugs forum as it seems :(

As I've not heard or experienced anyone else having this problem I would suspect the OP has done something to instigate the sacking. A board ultimatum would be the obvious first thought.

Someone else posted something similar a while ago...

Wings69,

Had you requested anything from the board prior to being sacked?

I would have thought they would give that as a reason for the sacking if it was, but it's worth asking nevertheless.

many people start these threads wondering why they have been sacked when in fact they issued the board with an ultimatum, which basically translates as sack me. So we need to know if the thread starter issued an ultimatum, if not then its a bug!!

Yep posted earlier this morning here and Neil said he'd have a look.

I loaded it up again this morning and tried it a few times. Some weird results.

5 times: just got sacked as per usual.

1 time: Survived until after my next match which I won. At that point George Burley declared interest in the Dundee Utd job. Next day I was sacked.

1 time: Survived until after my next match, and now at the next match with no sacking.

So who knows. Maybe if I keep saving every day and reloading when I get sacked it'll continue on. I'll probably try it in a day or two as this has obviously killed my mood a little bit :) Plus there's the FMRTE fix someone suggested above.

Just add another John Smith to manage Dundee Utd and retire the old one.

Not really the same, he probably has become 'favoured personel' with certain players, managers.

He would lose all accomplishments etc etc etc...

I got sacked by Oxford after getting them promoted to the prem, coming 15th in the first season and was 5th or 6th in january of the next season when i was sacked (FM07). Made me about as angry as youd expect.

That is quite strange. Were the club financially wayward?

He has already answered that...

Ruckus - bank balance was solid. 4.5m in the black, huge transfer budget that I haven't even used. Board were well chuffed with the wage budget etc.

I was sacked unfairly in FM08 from Norwich after taking them to regular Premier League winners by 2014/2015. No explanation why. So I took over relegation candidates Blackburn, and after a few seasons I had them in the CHampions League and watched Norwich rot and they fell back down to a mediocre mid table team after 3 years.

Teach them to sack me.

Nick Haberson posted in the bug thread I created to say that it was because George Burley declared interest in the job. He said that it was very unfair to be sacked liked that, and they've addressed it for FM 11, and offered to force the game past this point if need be.

Top notch support from SI on this one, and much appreciated. It's very weird as in tests I only got the message about Burley declaring interest once - but it's still nice to know the reasoning behind it at any rate.

So the thread title here is still relevant but in another manner - as I do want to give big thanks to the guys for taking the time to look at this, and glad I could help find out a bug. I've been able to force the game past this point myself, and will just continually save it and make sure this doesn't happen again.

Plus some good came out of this - I was beginning to forget why I hated George Burley - now I just have more fuel for the fire :)

I can remember on CM03/04 I took Rotherham to the premiership and then made them the dominant force in English and European football for around 15 seasons... until one day I angered a reserve player and the board sacked me :confused::mad:

Went to Newcastle, who were in the relegation zone at the time, saved them from trouble, bought a few good players from Rotherham who their new manager didn't rate and soon had Newcastle as champions. Rotherham remained around 2nd/3rd but until I stopped playing they never won the league or champions league again :thup:

Hope your problem gets solved mate, i'd be fuming.

Archived