How many leagues could this Pc run?

Hi guys.

Could any of you be a real help and tell me how many leagues this Desktop could handle?

PROCESSOR StudioXPS 8100 - Intel Core i5 Processor 650 (3.20GHz, 4MB)

MEMORY 4096MB 1333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [4x1024]

HARD DRIVE 1TB Serial ATA (7200RPM) Hard Drive

GRAPHICS CARD 1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 5450 graphics card

How will that graphics card handle the game? Is it worth paying an extra £40 to get a HD 5670?

I have no idea about computers, only about Ram and Hard drive. This is an Intel I5 proccessor is that good!!!??? Also i am only going to play Football manager on this computer so is it worth having I5 instead of I3? Obviously i will go onto the internet and have an Anti Virus program, but apart from that then thats it!

Thanks people

In my experience CPU and RAM is what matter the most.

Right now I run 20 leagues (17 nations) with 6 nations in background mode and 11 playable. Database size is large. Calculated game speed is 2,5 stars. This is my spec:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9950 2.6GHZ SKT AM2+ 4MB 125W

GPU: Asus GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB PhysX CUDA

RAM: Corsair TWIN2X PC6400 DDR2 4GB (x2)

In my eyes your computer is significally better than mine. I hope this can help you.

How will that graphics card handle the game? Is it worth paying an extra £40 to get a HD 5670?

The graphics card will only have an impact when you're watching the 3d match. That said, FM isn't particularly demanding on graphics, so you most likely won't find any noticeable difference by going with a higher-end card.

This is an Intel I5 proccessor is that good!!!??? Also i am only going to play Football manager on this computer so is it worth having I5 instead of I3?

Not really, since they're both dual-core. If you go with the i5 750, which is a quad, then "yes".

BTW, I believe you're wasting money buying 1024 sticks of RAM. If you ever need to upgrade, you'll have to remove some, if not all, of them.

Try reading this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=205247

I really do think people start these threads to boast about their computer. They know damn well that it can handle a lot of leagues.

Using that bitter view on mankind I would say you only replied in this thread to make your postcount to go up, seeing as you made no contribution.

Not really, since they're both dual-core. If you go with the i5 750, which is a quad, then "yes".

BTW, I believe you're wasting money buying 1024 sticks of RAM. If you ever need to upgrade, you'll have to remove some, if not all, of them.

I agree. If you have the money you might want to invest in more RAM too, in my experience it makes the game run smoother. And if you want to multitask while playing FM it helps too ;)

But I have to say that what you are buying will definitely be enough to play with many leagues in FM!

How many stars is good to run by the way? I have a fairly crappy computer, my Computer Performance (At the start menu) is 1 and a half stars and it never changes. But what estimated game speed is handy enough? What do people usually set it as or what is the minimum they would go so its not way to slow?

How many stars is good to run by the way? I have a fairly crappy computer, my Computer Performance (At the start menu) is 1 and a half stars and it never changes. But what estimated game speed is handy enough? What do people usually set it as or what is the minimum they would go so its not way to slow?

I think there are flaws in the star rating system so I wouldn't go by what that tells you.

I really do think people start these threads to boast about their computer. They know damn well that it can handle a lot of leagues.
Using that bitter view on mankind I would say you only replied in this thread to make your postcount to go up, seeing as you made no contribution.

To be fair Luton does have a point. The amount of people that ask will this computer be good enough to run FM10 - which is fair enough but then post a pretty impressive laptop! SI have a minimum spec for FM10. And common sense and a bit of research should tell someone that the above computer will do wonders for FM. Where there is doubt and a genuine concern surrounding a computers performance then fair enough.

I agree with the RAM thing. I'd get them in 2GB sticks rather than 1GB, but I suppose it depends on how much RAM you're mobo is capable is utilizing.

Based on your computer specs though, I'd say it's capable of running a decent amount of leagues; probably about 20 - 25 but I can't give you an exact figure...

Best thing to do, I'd say, is just test out 20 leagues, if it's slow, go down to 17 and such.

I'd ignore the system performance and game speed star's system that's shown when you're starting a new game; it's total trot, and I believe that SI have admitted that it is.

And on the "showing off front", he's not asking if it's good enough to run a certain amount of league's; he's asking how many league's it can run at a decent performance.

I agree with the RAM thing. I'd get them in 2GB sticks rather than 1GB, but I suppose it depends on how much RAM you're mobo is capable is utilizing.

Based on your computer specs though, I'd say it's capable of running a decent amount of leagues; probably about 20 - 25 but I can't give you an exact figure...

Best thing to do, I'd say, is just test out 20 leagues, if it's slow, go down to 17 and such.

I'd ignore the system performance and game speed star's system that's shown when you're starting a new game; it's total trot, and I believe that SI have admitted that it is.

And on the "showing off front", he's not asking if it's good enough to run a certain amount of league's; he's asking how many league's it can run at a decent performance.

Yes but because that laptop will be better than 90% of the peoples on here then I'm sure it will do just fine and most people will not have a laptop like that and thus will not know exactly. If that computer can not run whatever leagues you want then I'd be pretty annoyed! ;)

Yes but because that laptop will be better than 90% of the peoples on here then I'm sure it will do just fine and most people will not have a laptop like that and thus will not know exactly. If that computer can not run whatever leagues you want then I'd be pretty annoyed! ;)

That doesn't change the fact all he's doing is asking how many it can run, and this forum have more than it's fair share of people with systems of that sort of spec.

I don't see any showing off here; simply someone who may not quite understand how FM runs on certain spec systems.

Yes, it's obvious that those specs obliterate the requirements for FM to run; but the system requirements guide doesn't give you an indication on how many leagues they can run.

That doesn't change the fact all he's doing is asking how many it can run, and this forum have more than it's fair share of people with systems of that sort of spec.

I don't see any showing off here; simply someone who may not quite understand how FM runs on certain spec systems.

Yes, it's obvious that those specs obliterate the requirements for FM to run; but the system requirements guide doesn't give you an indication on how many leagues they can run.

Yeah it was not a case of showing off - this was more the straw that broke the camels back if that makes sense - in terms of the amount of threads. Its a bit like saying if I buy this sports car will it be fast etc! :D

Surely one must assume that someone posting for advice must be looking for advice instead of boasting! What exactly will the person gain from having people commentating his computer? Any grown up person wouldn't! Fair enough, there might be some that want to boast. But why should one assume this? Why do this generalization? It doesn't help anyone. I think the poster in this thread really is asking for advice, judging by all the questions marks being used. ;)

Back on topic: Does a quad-core deal with FM better than a duo-core? I've seen some tests where the duo-core beat quad-cores in games. Of course, it would matter how powerful the cpus are, but I'm thinking in general. (Stupid question? lol)

Surely one must assume that someone posting for advice must be looking for advice instead of boasting! What exactly will the person gain from having people commentating his computer? Any grown up person wouldn't! Fair enough, there might be some that want to boast. But why should one assume this? Why do this generalization? It doesn't help anyone. I think the poster in this thread really is asking for advice, judging by all the questions marks being used. ;)

Back on topic: Does a quad-core deal with FM better than a duo-core? I've seen some tests where the duo-core beat quad-cores in games. Of course, it would matter how powerful the cpus are, but I'm thinking in general. (Stupid question? lol)

I believe that a quad core can deal better with FM than a dual core but I need official confirmation here.

Archived