found something interesting in intl management

I am Russia manager, and I am host of World Cup 2018. I am now in process of searching opponents for warm-up matches, and I wanted to play against Brazil on last date before WC -but they rejected - and under that message appeared re-schedule opponents (or sth like that) -and I pressed that button... and interesting is - I am able to arrange friendlies in dozens off dates during the year :) - and I arranged matches against Angola on tuesday and Montserrat on monday :D

and now one question..

when SI will do more about international management?

there are lots of thing that should be made, like:

choosing camps before EC/WC/... , building of new stadiums for big comps (like Euro is in Norway and host stadiums are 10k cap, or in Africa in Gabon 3 stadiums out of four have 750 cap... would be great if there is message like this - just example "Croatia was chosen to host EURO along with Hungary, so Maksimir stadium (Dinamo Zagreb's field) is going to be renovated and upgraded")..., more realistic results, as I am upset when I see u20 comps of Asia - almost each match is 1-0 finished, almost no goals, in Oceania American Samoa won OFC Nations Cup, u23 team qualified to Olympics, in Caribbean the same, few goals in one group - 5 or 6, while in real life, there are dozens of goals in those matches, often one team scores 10+ goals per match... there should also be better scouting of players, being able to have trainings with national teams, arrange tours and cups and friendlies in middle of the season with young players and so....

All of your points are interesting but I think you need to go into more detail. For example what could be gained from choosing a base for your team before a competition? Also I have seen very few occasions where an upgrade of a club side's stadium has happened due to it hosting a major tournament. In fact I can't think of any. In my game youth int comps are high scoring games. I've even seen a 5-6 before! Your comment about better scouting of players needs to be more detailed. What exactly do you mean? Training with the national team isn't really needed, as in FM training is used to increase or redistribute player CA and I doubt players get better when training with their national team.

on scoring - really low amount of goals, I ll put some screens in few minutes to show

better scouting - I send scout and he looks for best players available, watches games and brings me stats

camp - players are together for longer time, it boosts their confidence and it makes them better in international matches, and training is for making some suggestions to player, how to act, what his role should be and stuff like that

and also--- matches of host team are made as played on NEUTRAL COURT :rolleyes: ... I mean, there should be a lot of pressure, everyday press conferences and stories, not that silly "fans demonstrated after your team failed to make beat..." -I mean, why would fans demonstrate :confused:

and here are the screens of low scoring matches

screens

It ems so far away, but Italy during WC '90 had a major renovation of all the major stadia, so there is the one real life example, although I may be wrong but Germany may hve made some minor upgrades during the 06 finals.

As for camps, I can see it becoming like a gelling session where the players who theoretically are from different teams and have no idea how their "teammates" play, so a successful camp would allow better harmony and gelling prior to the tournament, and a poor camp will cause the players to go into the tournament completely lost how the other guys play the game.

How this can be implemented is up for debate; picking a nucleus of players who have played together before can play a role, teammates obviously play a role, and maybe even a picing sentimental favourites or NOT choosing a beloved teammate could raise some questions about your international manager (Lippi as an example picking the old guard and not selecting Cassano, Balotelli, Santon and Miccoli)

No stadium upgrades? In actual fact, a number of stadiums are upgraded or rebuilt for major competitions. South Africa have opened a few new ones for the world cup, for example. If memory serves me, Ukraine are threatened with losing the co-hosting of the next Euros unless they renovate faster. There are lots of examples of new builds/upgrades to stadiums in RL, such as the Stade de France, or the vast majority of those used in Japan/Korea 2002

All of your points are interesting but I think you need to go into more detail. For example what could be gained from choosing a base for your team before a competition? Also I have seen very few occasions where an upgrade of a club side's stadium has happened due to it hosting a major tournament. In fact I can't think of any. In my game youth int comps are high scoring games. I've even seen a 5-6 before! Your comment about better scouting of players needs to be more detailed. What exactly do you mean? Training with the national team isn't really needed, as in FM training is used to increase or redistribute player CA and I doubt players get better when training with their national team.

You can't think of any club stadiums being upgraded for a major tournament? Seriously?

Or it's often the case that a club moves into a newly built stadium after the tournament, rather than let them lie empty, Man City for example.

Archived