The thing that would make FM complete

i think the thing that will make FM complete is make it better for long term .. make the computers smarter so each season is a challenge instead of e.g united becoming 3rd one season the 5th the next season. i think that spoils the game because its un-realistic and it becomes easy ect.. i like each season to be interesting each team trying harder and harder to improve there team ect instead of being dumb and buying unnecessary players.. to make this suggestion short, make FM good for long term season. instead of winning 1 season and easily winning the 2nd season because teams buys and waste money each season and becomes more dumb.

How about you start a game in the lower leagues and try work your way to the top. We'll see how easy it is then.

You should re-read his post. You clearly haven't understood it.

I agree with the OP.

I disagree with the OP.

Assuming you don't cheat (even with something as basic as reloading after a bad decision), the game is very much a challenge, every season.

If that's not your experience, good for you - you're either very good or very lucky - but FM is a game for a mass of players, most of which won't feel the same.

That said, I have suggested a couple of times that the game should have a difficulty setting, in order to cater to all kind of players.

what i think fm lacks is top teams making big investments. when i browse the big teams' rosters in the 3rd or 4th season there is one or two good players that they bought, but there's never a big revolution. just to compare with RL, real madrid made that this year, benfica did that this year and the previous one, lyon as well, man city, inter, sporting will probably do that next year. teams like man united, who never win anything in FM should make big investments.

what i think fm lacks is top teams making big investments. when i browse the big teams' rosters in the 3rd or 4th season there is one or two good players that they bought, but there's never a big revolution. just to compare with RL, real madrid made that this year, benfica did that this year and the previous one, lyon as well, man city, inter, sporting will probably do that next year. teams like man united, who never win anything in FM should make big investments.

Right. It's not too hard to see how big teams get weakened each season (E.g. In my save, Valencia has become the strongest team in La Liga, while Barcelona and Real Madrid have 'old copies' of their current teams. Somehow similar in England with both Manchesters, Aston Villa and Chelsea, while teams like Tottenham don't find good replacements with their players... unlike Hull, that has become stronger each season after I ended my contract as a manager there)

+ 1 on that.

Have Leyton Orient winthe UCL and we'll talk again.

He's not complaining that the game is too easy or that he's some kind of FM God. Its the lack of AI keeping a quality team and investing in quality players. On every save teams like Man Utd and Liverpool are mid table teams after 4-5 years because the AI doesnt buy in any quality, just over priced oldies or mediocre regens.

Actually try reading the post properly before making idiotic comments.

i totally agree with the sentiment of this thread but its like everyone thinks SI havent already tried to do this, its kinda like saying the match engine would be better if it was closer to real life or my bank account would be better if it had more money in it.

i would like this aspect of the game to be a priority but wasnt this year or last year the year of the "revamped transfer system" maybe they just havent cracked how to do it yet. it would be interesting to see a comparison of say how Man Utd did long term in fm05 to how they do now to see if there has been any progress

I completely agree. After 4 or 5 seasons it is very easy to be the best team around (starting with a mid-table team) as you try to buy good players for good value. The top teams buy mediocre quality, keep on using "has beens" and they become weaker each season.

The difficulty level should come from "bad luck" during the matches. This aspect of the game is very annoying. A dissapointing result in a match that you completely dominated happens all the time in FM. I would find the game much more fun if it was much harder to buy the top players yourself and that the transfer policy from the AI teams would be smarter.

I also find that the regeneration of players does not work. In my game, after 6 seasons, there are almost no youngsters that have top attributes for their role on the pitch.

i totally agree with the sentiment of this thread but its like everyone thinks SI havent already tried to do this, its kinda like saying the match engine would be better if it was closer to real life or my bank account would be better if it had more money in it.

i would like this aspect of the game to be a priority but wasnt this year or last year the year of the "revamped transfer system" maybe they just havent cracked how to do it yet. it would be interesting to see a comparison of say how Man Utd did long term in fm05 to how they do now to see if there has been any progress

^----This! Excellent post!!!

I too have observed that AI managers tend to value players very different from myself. Also, the regenation of new players is pretty weak in my opinion. Having recently gotten a lot interested in developing players I've had some saves that have gone through many season. How clubs lose their status and fall down the league system is common, but in a way I feel that it makes the game personal and somehow realistic. Of course, I do raise an eyebrow everytime I see a big club like Man Utd or Chelsea fall down to Championship after 6-7 of seasons. I feel there have been improvements so I'm thinking it will be even better in future versions. Regarding regens there's also been improvements but I still feel that whatever has been done hasn't been enough. Few new and young players are seen in the game after 15 years, and in general all teams have squads with less quality than in the beginning of a save.

While your arguments make sense, they appear a bit odd to me. As you point out, priorities determine where the focus will be. You claim that SIGames knows about this problem. You also claim that people don't know that SIGames know. Fair enough, apparently these/we people do not know about it. Would you rather have the players sit quiet, having faith that SIGames priority list is the same as the players? I don't know about that. This kind of discussions are important since it will help SIGames develop a better game. Communication is the key in any relationship.

While your arguments make sense, they appear a bit odd to me. As you point out, priorities determine where the focus will be. You claim that SIGames knows about this problem. You also claim that people don't know that SIGames know. Fair enough, apparently these/we people do not know about it. Would you rather have the players sit quiet, having faith that SIGames priority list is the same as the players? I don't know about that. This kind of discussions are important since it will help SIGames develop a better game. Communication is the key in any relationship.

I didnt say priorities determine where the focus will be but yeah thats kind of a given

I enjoy debate but quite frankly I dont appreciate having words put into my mouth. I didnt ask anyone to sit quietly or to have faith , or suggest that people didnt know about this glaringly obvious flaw with long term games, in fact Ive already stated that it would be one of the things that improved the game massively for me.

what i was saying was I think the reason it hasnt been improved to the standard a lot of people have obviously hoped for isnt due to SI not bothering to try but the real world restrictions of programming AI. Im sure the game would sell better if it had a photorealistic match engine (extreme example) but thats difficult as well.

The OP had a great idea and we all want better AI I was just trying to point out its really difficult to achieve and that I would be interested to test current top teams in the game against the ones from 5 years ago to see if SI have made improvements. Where you got the rest from is beyond me.

I didnt say priorities determine where the focus will be but yeah thats kind of a given

You indirectly did by stating that SIGames have priorities set on other things, which of course leads to the coclusion that their priorties determine what will be improved. I should have expressed this in a more apparent way.

I enjoy debate but quite frankly I dont appreciate having words put into my mouth. I didnt ask anyone to sit quietly or to have faith , or suggest that people didnt know about this glaringly obvious flaw with long term games, in fact Ive already stated that it would be one of the things that improved the game massively for me.

I did not say that you thought so. I asked if you rather would have people sit quite, which goes back to your comment about "everyone thinks SI havent already tried to do this, its kinda like saying the match engine would be better if it was closer to real life or my bank account would be better if it had more money in it." Not only are you attempting to read peoples mind. You're obviously trying to make people look stupid/uninformed in a silly way by judging the examples you gave. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? It shouldn't matter at all, wheter this is obvious. Since SIGames have priorited other things, the players should speak up and tell them what they want. After all, player equal a potential future customer.

You indirectly did by stating that SIGames have priorities set on other things, which of course leads to the coclusion that their priorties determine what will be improved. I should have expressed this in a more apparent way.

no i never said their priorities were set on other things, where do you get this from? I said they had priorities on a better transfer system a few years ago, which i considered linked to the thread, seriously do we speak the same language?

I did not say that you thought s<o. I asked if you rather would have people sit quite, which goes back to your comment about "everyone thinks SI havent already tried to do this, its kinda like saying the match engine would be better if it was closer to real life or my bank account would be better if it had more money in it." Not only are you attempting to read peoples mind. You're obviously trying to make people look stupid/uninformed in a silly way by judging the examples you gave. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? It shouldn't matter at all, wheter this is obvious. Since SIGames have priorited other things, the players should speak up and tell them what they want. After all, player equal a potential future customer.

no i said ITS LIKE everyone thinks SI havent already tried to do this, its kinda like saying the match engine would be better if it was closer to real life or my bank account would be better if it had more money in it (as in its similar to i was offering an analogy)

Im not assuming more intelligence than anyone or trying to make anyone look stupid, im saying THAT I THINK the ai for transfers hasnt improved that much cos no one in the world has managed to replicate the current transfer market, look at fifa or championship manager i really dont know how to make this any clearer

im not slighting anyone or suggesting that feedback isnt a good thing, im just suggesting SI are probally trying and its really difficult.

i cant get why there is any ambiguity to what im saying its perfectly clear, if you disagree fine but stop misquoting me

/rant

I agree with your view. People here thinks SI is doing nothing. But after having blast with FM10, I can see there's much improvement happened in FM10 and I'm sure FM2011 is gonna be more improved and more challenging.

But for God's sake stop crying about AI. After all it's a computer program and there must be some flaws some where in the software. Why don't you crying babies apply for job at SI and rewrite the transfer code?

/rant

/rant

I agree with your view. People here thinks SI is doing nothing. But after having blast with FM10, I can see there's much improvement happened in FM10 and I'm sure FM2011 is gonna be more improved and more challenging.

But for God's sake stop crying about AI. After all it's a computer program and there must be some flaws some where in the software. Why don't you apply for job at SI?

/rant

lol thats what im saying! im arguing its really hard to write and arguing thats why its so hard to improve! i work in software i must have really phrased it wrong

/rant

But for God's sake stop crying about AI. After all it's a computer program and there must be some flaws some where in the software. Why don't you crying babies apply for job at SI and rewrite the transfer code?

/rant

have you tried rereading what i said?

have you tried rereading what i said?

I did. Even I do work in software development industry, I do understand what you're saying. Perhaps I was unable to reflect my support for your view. :)

long story short, was saying Sports Interactive were writing the best AI they could, not suggesting i could do better or asking for a job, tho would like one, would be awesome.

Archived