Include Egyptian Premier League in FM 2011 !!

What do you think?  

337 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

Hello all FM Gamers,,

Hope everything is going great with FM 2010, and I know everyone is excited about FM 2011.

I am conducting this thread to ask Sports Interactive to add the Egyptian Premier League in their new FM ..

The Egyptian national team, being the strongest team in Africa by winning three consecutive African Cups 2006-2008-2010, and joining the Confederations Cup and beating Italy. Egypt is currently ranked 14th on the World above big names in the world of football..

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

The Egyptian league, having the two strongest horse powers in the world of African Football (Ahly and Zamalek), who have won altogether 11 African Champions League, more than any other team in Africa. And Ahly have participated in Club World Championship Cup and have achieved 3rd place!

The Egyptian league is currently ranked as 28th on the World, according to IFFHS.de, which is way better than many leagues already in FM..

I think FM having leagues such as India, Singapore, Malaysia, with all my due respect is stupidity. Even having the South African Premier League, which is was weaker than the Egyptian is unfair.

FM has a great fanbase here in Egypt and thousands of people play it everyday.

I think having the World Cup 2010 in Africa, SI and FM should concentrate more on improving African Football!!!

Awaiting your replies!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Africa on the whole is under represented on FM at the moment. Could definitely do with more depth but I expect research is the problem.

On a side note; I hope that SI don't use the inclusion of the competition editor as justification for not looking to increase the out of the box options.

The African leagues are generally missing because there is a lack of people to do the research. The editor is there to add in leagues that SI can't research properly. It'd be nice to have a few more leagues added to the game, but only if they are researched to a similar level as the rest of the leagues.

Gave it a 'yes' for my friend in this one. He's from Egypt and he gets a bit down every year he loads it up and has to play as Liverpool again. I do feel for him...

You cant imagine the number of Egyptian who play Football Manager since it was Championship manager way long long ago!

The African leagues are generally missing because there is a lack of people to do the research. The editor is there to add in leagues that SI can't research properly. It'd be nice to have a few more leagues added to the game, but only if they are researched to a similar level as the rest of the leagues.

A lot of people can help for this cause, to have the official league done, many experts in Egyptian football can do it I think with the help of SI and FM !

I think FM having leagues such as India, Singapore, Malaysia, with all my due respect is stupidity. Even having the South African Premier League, which is was weaker than the Egyptian is unfair.

No no no, it's not due to stupidity. SI are catering to the market. IMO, there needs to be more Asian countries. Even without Japan, there's Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Qatar, UAE, Iran. There are currently zero leagues in West Asia. Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Iran in particular have at least 3 teams entering the ACL every year. I know there's competition editor, but it would be nice to have these leagues right out of the box.

South Africa is due to market as well, but I wouldn't mind more African leagues "out of the box", like Egypt. So I still voted yes. :p

Hello all FM Gamers,,

Hope everything is going great with FM 2010, and I know everyone is excited about FM 2011.

I am conducting this thread to ask Sports Interactive to add the Egyptian Premier League in their new FM ..

The Egyptian national team, being the strongest team in Africa by winning three consecutive African Cups 2006-2008-2010, and joining the Confederations Cup and beating Italy. Egypt is currently ranked 14th on the World above big names in the world of football..

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

The Egyptian league, having the two strongest horse powers in the world of African Football (Ahly and Zamalek), who have won altogether 11 African Champions League, more than any other team in Africa. And Ahly have participated in Club World Championship Cup and have achieved 3rd place!

The Egyptian league is currently ranked as 28th on the World, according to IFFHS.de, which is way better than many leagues already in FM..

FM has a great fanbase here in Egypt and thousands of people play it everyday.

I think having the World Cup 2010 in Africa, SI and FM should concentrate more on improving African Football!!!

Awaiting your replies!

LOL! I am "offended" that you view the Singapore league with such disrespect because I am from Singapore! :D Anyway, I would also like SI to include the Egyptian league.....as well as the Japanese league if they can get the license! But I hope that SI never forgets the lower reputation footballing countries because they are the soul of football! :D

My ultimate dream is for SI to include ALL the footballing leagues and nations of the world....including level 21 English league clubs! That would be great wouldn't it? But sad to say, this vision of mine would not be fulfilled anytime soon....perhaps in 20 or 30 years time! :D

I voted "yes" because, ever since FM 2006, I've been playing the lowest South African teams (they seem to always have low value and no manager at the start of the season) but it saddens me that I climb the ladder and have no other leagues around me I can move to.

My only career options, when starting in South Africa, literally force me to move to another continent, which means that having a Continental reputation... probably doesn't mean much :(

As someone said, Africa clearly got the short stick in this game and I'd personally love to, at least, see Cameroon and Egypt (with Angola and Mozambique close follow-ups... am I forgetting any other important African nations?) included in the official FM league selection.

I can understand SI Games needs people who provide information from these leagues, but how about Swaziland and Lesotho? These are land-locked within South Africa, so it shouldn't be too hard to get info on them, I believe.

Of course, the more the merrier! ;) From watching the likes of Essien, Mikel and Drogba I have always sent scouts to Africa in recent FM versions. But they never come back with reports of African stars. :( I want to see more Africans in FM, and I think adding African leagues would help a lot! :D

I wouldn't play it so if I'm honest I couldn't care if it's not in the game.

However, I got a feeling some of this is bound to have something to do with licensing issues. I'm pretty sure that J-League isn't in the game because of licensing problems.

Of course, the more the merrier! ;) From watching the likes of Essien, Mikel and Drogba I have always sent scouts to Africa in recent FM versions. But they never come back with reports of African stars. :( I want to see more Africans in FM, and I think adding African leagues would help a lot! :D

There are a lot of stars in Egypt, thats the secret for us to win all competitions in the continent ;)

I wouldn't play it so if I'm honest I couldn't care if it's not in the game.

However, I got a feeling some of this is bound to have something to do with licensing issues. I'm pretty sure that J-League isn't in the game because of licensing problems.

I dont think just because the J-League has a licensing issue that the other leagues have as well..

There is no problem with license in African nations

Yes, scouting Africa is a waste of time now. Getting a few gems from Egypt would be very handy for medium/small teams.

I fully support having as many leagues as possible and as others have said Africa lacks more nations and hopefully Egypt comes in FM2011 just to increase the choices you have when you want to manage.

I voted no, simply because I don't think I'd play it. I'd prefer time to go into other features.

ok you neji don't like to play Egyptian League ,but the millions in the other country in africa want to play it officially in FM ,i think ur situation Indicates to selfish :thdn:

ok you neji don't like to play Egyptian League ,but the millions in the other country in africa want to play it officially in FM ,i think ur situation Indicates to selfish :thdn:

You got guts to say a mod like Neji is selfish. :p

Neji is just being honest. There are probably leagues you have never played before as well. Like other than Argentina and Brazil, I would never want to manage in the South American leagues. I would also like the USSF Division 2 in FM2011. It's all based on personal preference.

Neji is just being honest. There are probably leagues you have never played before as well. Like other than Argentina and Brazil, I would never want to manage in the South American leagues. I would also like the USSF Division 2 in FM2011. It's all based on personal preference.

Even if I never manage any South American teams at all (and believe me, I never managed one before in my entire history of playing FM! :D), I would also like these leagues to be included! Why? The reason is because it provides a more greater in dept game experience! I would also urge SI to consider including ALL the 10 South American national leagues in the game and make it playable! If that happens, perhaps I will consider managing a South American team! :D

He is a brave lad! :D :D

I don't disagree, but what's the point of the poll if you aren't allowed to disagree?

I voted yes. The Egyptian league is arguably stronger than the South African league based on teams performance in continental competitions certainly. Likely Egypt will often be represented in the world club cup so a bit more of them if they were included in the game would help.

Perhaps the Egypt fans should get together with those making the unofficial updates to help them make the league as realistic as possible. If they can show to SI they can do this then maybe the league could eventually be included off the box. The competition editor is great for us and for SI it lets them see how detailed another league can be and see if there is enough commitment and resources there to make it viable.

I don't care- it can always be added with the competition editor, and it wouldn't affect anybody negatively if it were added.

SI will add leagues if they have enough researches signed up- you'd better get those "Egyptian league experts" posting in the Data Issues forum!

If the egyptian leagues are added, all the African leagues and such, I hope to god to decide as to whether or not you want them installed when you install the game.

I would imagine (don't take my word, though), that too many leagues would make the game bigger as it's increasing the size of the database.

I don't care- it can always be added with the competition editor, and it wouldn't affect anybody negatively if it were added.

SI will add leagues if they have enough researches signed up- you'd better get those "Egyptian league experts" posting in the Data Issues forum!

there's diffrent between the official league and the competition editor the official is deep and included much data than editor

Archived