How to disintegrate FM 2010 from steam?

i have downloaded football manager 2010 from steam, but now i dont have internet so now i want to play fm2010 without steam because steam requires internet, is there a way to that i could play fm2010 without steam,

i tried to remove steam but it also removes fm 2010 help?

If you downloaded the game from Steam you are stuck with using Steam, the same as for every other game you buy off Steam. You have to buy a DVD copy to not use Steam.

Steam does have an offline mode, but I think you need to go online at least once to be able to verify your account to be able to turn on offline mode after that you shouldn't have any problems. Steam isn't all that bad, try using Games for Windows Live! or any of the new Ubisoft games and see how badly wrong other companies have got things.

if you no longer have internet just load fm and if it loads steams let it try to update itself then after so long it will detect that you have no internet and ask if you want steam to run in offline mode and then just do it everytime until you get internet back on

Steam should give you an option for offline mode when you start FM.
if you no longer have internet just load fm and if it loads steams let it try to update itself then after so long it will detect that you have no internet and ask if you want steam to run in offline mode and then just do it everytime until you get internet back on

This is whats supposed to happen, however if you are like me with FM09, steam will forget that you've saved your username and password and not allow you to play offline, and then even when you've got internet and saved and resaved the username and password, steam will continue to not allow you to play FM. Then you'll contact their (un)help(ful) desk and they will get back to you about 36 hours later with the wrong fix and then you'll end up uninstalling steam, cancelling your pre order for the next FM and taking your business elsewhere.

I feel for the OP, steam sucks and no one should be forced to go without their legitimately purchased copy due to this sucky system. Still if thats what SI/Sega want.......

Archived