Favourite Type of Save  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Type of Save

• Favourite Team
    • Journeyman
    • Career Example 1
    • Career Example 2

Which is your favourite type of save?

1) Pick your favourite team and stick with them.

2) Journeyman, jump around team to team from country to country, ever staying in one place for more than 2 years.

3) Career save v1, pick a team and build them up from nothing.

4) Career save v2, start with a low team and take the first big job that comes to you.

I like to think I am an empire builder, East Stirling current club, not looking for back to back promotions to the Scottish 1st but we are top 4 games in. I enjoy joueneyman saves but my computer just coughs when I try them.

I've only really done #1, and FM10 is the first FM I've really played since 03/04 so taking control of Luton this time around is a bit more of a challenge starting from the BSP. Maybe if/when I achieve well in this save I might start a journeyman one but that seems quite a few seasons away yet (only in my second year) :p depends if I really feel like starting over by then.

I voted 3 but it should be a combination of 2 and 3.

I always pick the worst team I can find, build it as high as I can take it and, once I feel I achieved everything I could with it, I leave, preferably moving to a considerably different league.

I used to play by managing my fav team and sticking with them pretty much forever.

The last few times I have set my fav team, but started off managing a Blue Square North team such as Stalybridge or Harrogate hoping to get offered the job of my fav team later on.

Number 1 fits me best I suppose. I'm hardly a die hard supporter of any one club but I have my favourites and once I start building a team I usually find it hard to leave my "creation" unless I get fired.

I would have said journeyman, but never staying at the same club for 2 years doesn't make you not a journeyman. I've managed one team for 7 years, two different teams for 9 years each, and currently in my 6th year at a team, with odd years in the middle. I worked up from the bottom.

Journeyman in my case (In my FM2010 game, I managed Hull City until I made them champions in EPL, then Atlético Mineiro -They were close to get relegated to Série C, but finally we were promoted after I came-, Fluminense -Who wanted to avoid relegation. Instead, we became champions- and Banfield -It's impossible to beat Boca, River, Vélez, San Lorenzo and Independiente in a championship, but... we're next to them-)

However, I'm going to do the complete opposite of 1) in FM2011. I will try to make River Plate win everything (Though I'm a Boca Juniors fan)... since I saw that in my FM2010 game they haven't won a single championship :D

I generally play 'type-3' games with a pinch of 'type-4'. I start as an unemployed young manager, apply for jobs at small clubs, bring them to top flight. Then I try to win top trophies with them.

Once my goal is met, I move to other small or medium clubs. I generally do not go for big clubs unless they're in trouble(e.g. Newcastle in Championship, Leeds in league One)

Which is your favourite type of save?

1) Pick your favourite team and stick with them.

2) Journeyman, jump around team to team from country to country, ever staying in one place for more than 2 years.

3) Career save v1, pick a team and build them up from nothing.

4) Career save v2, start with a low team and take the first big job that comes to you.

Any save where I pick a team, mid-table in their respective league usually, and try and make them good. I chose Career v1.

My current game is a good example. Its a bit like answer 4).

I started with Sao Paulo. Stayed 2 years, then took a job at Udinese, did ok, also got offerred the Czech Republic job which I worked wonders with. On the back of that I landed my dream job at Spurs and have now seen them win the treble in my 3rd season with them.

I will stay at Spurs until I am offerred either the Real Madrid Job or the Barca job.

Then I'll do it all again wiith a lower division club.

Archived