Mistakes affecting rating.

I have noticed that GK's and Def's get a bit nose dive in rating if they make a mistake that leads to a goal - down to 4.8 or something similar.

Doe sthis happen to strikers? If they miss an open goal - does their rating drop significantly? I haven't noticed it but probably think in would/should.

I have noticed that GK's and Def's get a bit nose dive in rating if they make a mistake that leads to a goal - down to 4.8 or something similar.

Doe sthis happen to strikers? If they miss an open goal - does their rating drop significantly? I haven't noticed it but probably think in would/should.

No it doesn't but I've noticed defenders rating (especially DC) goes up & down quickly during a match.

My strikers tend to get 5.8 - 5.4 if they have a bad day, like can't connect passes, score, make a run with the ball, loosing headers etc. it's normal their job is to score. Defenders job is to prevent this, so if they make a mistake it's logical that they will feel awful.

I've noted it does. Striker's who miss clear cut chances and especially penalties have a lot lower rating. Missing a shot doesn't affect rating as much as mistake that leads to goal, but still does. If regularly player starts the game and has rating around 6.8-6.9 then after missing penalty it drops somewhere near 6.0.

When making several shots off target (min. 4-5) it also starts to affect rating.

But of course, conceding a goal is considered bigger mistake than wasting a chance, and I find it fairly realistic.

I think the ratings are too harsh on the defenders, I mean they can give away a penalty and their rating drops too much in real life giving a penalty away doesn't automatically mean they have had a terrible game.

I think the ratings are too harsh on the defenders, I mean they can give away a penalty and their rating drops too much in real life giving a penalty away doesn't automatically mean they have had a terrible game.

I agree with this. IRL every defender gives away the occasional dodgy penalty, or misses a header, or falls over in the mud. It's inevitable. In the game it destroys their confidence completely.

I'm agreeing with the posts on how one incident can command bad rating for game, which can lead to muchos misleading ratings over a period of time. Granted they made the error but players are playing 8 throughout a game but get 6.5 because of one error it is misleading.

If you are a defender, you will be remembered more for the penalty you gave away, or the shockingly bad marking, or the slip that led to a goal. For example you say Paul Robinson, you think of the own goal in England vs. Croatia.

On the other hand, strikers are more remembered for their goals than their misses (well, on the most part, unless it is a TERRIBLE miss). I don't have any stats, but I bet the majority of shots a striker has are off target, but you will always remember, for example, the hattrick Drogba scores on the last day of the season, not the x-number of games he didn't score at all.

So it seems quite reasonable to me =}.

I disagree. In my games I often see that player picks himself up after mistake and makes otherwise good performance, his full-time rating is still around 6.8-6.9

When his performance is otherwise mediocre, one mistake that leads to goal brings his rating down to 4.5.-5.8 something like that.

Some players can certainly pick themselves up. Probably depends on "determination." It seems to be quite rare, at least with my teams.

It depends on when he makes a mistake. If mistake happens in the end of the game, there's too little time to correct things. Also when you decide to sub him after mistake, he has no chance to redeem himself.

But if he makes mistake on the 1st half and you don't sub him, there's a way that he can play otherwise good 90 minutes besides that one mistake.

I don't think GKs get enough credit for penalty saves. Playing a game yesterday and my GK saved a pen in the 2nd minute, his rating afterwards was just 6.7.

Also I think there should be a stat somewhere to show how many saves a GK makes in game, the same way as tackles, passes and shots are represented.

surely the saves a keeper makes is shots on target - goals. If a defender saves it, it is registered as a blocked shot.

True, but there is nothing on a GKs own stat screen. They get dribbles and shot %, maybe these should be replaced with saves.

True, but there is nothing on a GKs own stat screen. They get dribbles and shot %, maybe these should be replaced with saves.

Well, you can find save stats easily.

Shots on target - goals = saves.

I've found that it's not number of saves, but rating of saves that matters. It goes like save->fine save->great save-> brilliant save.

If GK makes many saves, it doesn't affect his rating as much as couple of brilliant saves do. But in-game commentary never rates penalty saves as "great saves" or "brilliant saves". Those are just simple saves and therefore GK is not getting enough credit.

Ratings are still quite bad in the game. I never agreed with introducing the decimal point accuracy, as it made the loose nature of rating application a lot more noticable. One mistake should obviously have an effect, but probably not to the extent the game makes out.

For me the biggest problem here is actually it sometimes seems to either single out the wrong player, or choose one player when really there's more than one to blame. The game will pick up on the missed header or interception by the centre-back which is obviously a mistake but this ignores say the midfielder who gave the ball away when he had a simple pass on which left the defence stretched and if anything I think he'd deserve the drop in rating more. I can't be the only one who thinks this surely? :p

Ratings are still quite bad in the game. I never agreed with introducing the decimal point accuracy, as it made the loose nature of rating application a lot more noticable. One mistake should obviously have an effect, but probably not to the extent the game makes out.

Thats a good point. It used to get rounded up so the drop may have not been so noticeable.

I think the strangest thing that happened to me was when opp. player got injured and my team stopped play and gave away throw in.

So, after his injury is been checked, opp. player makes a long throw and gave ball to my left back on my side of the pitch. Fair play, right.

Right after that my left-back initiates attack that leads to goal and result - opponent player is blamed by commentary - "his careless throw gave chance" or something and of course, rating dropped.

That's a bit harsh.

Archived