FM2011 - Transfer Realistic?

Will the transfers be realistic next/this year?

A good instance is when you go into FM Scout and check sale prices, they are all 100+ million for the best players, this just doesnt happen every play has a price unless the team are Real Madrid, Chelsea or Barcelona.

I just dont want to go onto FM11 start a new game as see Valencia wanting 50 mil for Silva and Villa each when in reality they could be bought for 40mil for the two this summer.

Nah, I heard SI were going to make it unrealistic on purpose next year.

Also I'd love to see someone buy Villa and Silva for £20m each in the summer, especially as Valencia were offering Villa about for £50m last summer. SI have it pretty bang on, the only reason they are £100m+ for all the top players is to reflect the fact that the top clubs would never sell their top players unless it was for something ridiculous and obscene. You honestly think Barcelona would sell Messi for anything less? Or Utd would have ever sold Ronaldo if he wasn't constantly moaning about moving to Madrid?

I just dont want to go onto FM11 start a new game as see Valencia wanting 50 mil for Silva and Villa each when in reality they could be bought for 40mil for the two this summer.

Really? Silva and Villa for £20m each? I think you were closer when you said £50m each.

Villa and Silva won't move on for £40m unless Valencia are on the verge of going bankrupt, or they actively seek a transfer. You can certainly get a player to ask for a transfer on FM and get them cheaper, it just takes time to unsettle the player.

Big teams buying "crap" players isn't going to disappear very easily. Maybe if you made the big clubs have perfect scouting abilities and unlimited money so they could buy any player they like it would disappear. Even then there are so many variables that it still wouldn't work 100% of the time.

Valencia are hoping that they can flog Mata, and keep the two of them. They've made the Champion's league, so their debt problems might just be manageable without a fire sale.

Villa's not actually worth 50m - he's too old to justify that price - but they slapped that price on him because they didn't want to sell him. Silva's 30m, I'd say - he's good, but not that good, like Ribery. And last summer showed that no one thinks Ribery's worth 40m.

OP: If a team had wanted to get the price down, they would have had to declare interest, woo him through the press, and hope to unsettle him - like Real unsettled Ronaldo - or even better, hope that he'd request a transfer - like Anelka at Arsenal, Gallas at Chelsea - so that the club would have to drop their asking price.

Kaka's quoted price was 100m, but when he actually decided he wanted to leave, the price halved.

If only there were some way we could mimic this effect within the game...

with some sort of "declare interest" button...

or the option of praising a player to the press...

maybe in FM11.

Archived