Bug or something I missed?

I'm playing as Amkar Perm in the Russian league and I'm in my first season. I had a surprisingly great first season and finished joint first with CSKA Moscow. Since the rules indicate that results between teams decide the champion if they finish with the same amount of points, I was surprised when I wasn't crowned champion, because I won both league games against them, so I should be champion despite my inferior goal difference. Or am I completely missing something?

Table

Rules

Fixtures

Fixtures part 2

I had a similar experience with Shakhtar in Ukraine on a network game. We both finished joint top, and the league was decided by a playoff game.

There was no mention of a playoff in the League rules, and someone on here, sent me a link to a wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Premier_League#Champions_and_top_scorers

Under "History" it appears that a playoff will happen in this situation

From the Wikipedia article:

"If the teams are tied for the first position, the tie-breakers are the number of wins, then head-to-head results. If the teams tied for the first place cannot be separated by these tie-breakers, the championship play-off is ordered."

We have both won 20 games so the tie-breaker should be head-to-head results where I'm better!

Originally posted by Eles Gergo:

i think it's better this way you still can win the game and the title with it

Well, since I'm a pessimist by nature I look at it this way:

I can still lose the title even though the rules say that I won it.

icon_frown.gif

SI need to pull themselves together. The game decides that there has to be a playoff to decide who wins the Russian Premier League, despite my team having better head-to-head results which means that my team should be crowned champions, but when I win the damn play-off the other team wins the title! icon_mad.gif

I hope you aren't paying the testers because then you're being ripped off. I mean, a situation like this shouldn't be possible in this game. I spent 10 days on one season and the game has, wrongfully, taken the title from me. Again!

Originally posted by AB-forever:

SI need to pull themselves together. The game decides that there has to be a playoff to decide who wins the Russian Premier League, despite my team having better head-to-head results which means that my team should be crowned champions, but when I win the damn play-off the other team wins the title! icon_mad.gif

I hope you aren't paying the testers because then you're being ripped off. I mean, a situation like this shouldn't be possible in this game. I spent 10 days on one season and the game has, wrongfully, taken the title from me. Again!

Tbf, can see how perhaps the testers didn't run into this precise situation. Slack though.

I think that if I play the playoff game again and lose, CSKA will still get the title. The game has shown them above me in the table for the last 4 rounds even though we had the same amount of points and I was better head-to-head. And I don't know if I have a save from before the last league game, because I think I'll have to replay it over and over again until I get the title I deserve!

Archived