Player Value - Club/League related?

Hi,

I've got a load of world class players at Rangers (4th season - won loads) and they seem to max out at value 9mill, is this due to the club or league and will this value ever increase?

Also if I was a lower division club that won promotion several times, say Rushden from Conf, would my players be worth the same as if they were at Man U - assuming both teams in PL and comparable players?

Hi,

I've got a load of world class players at Rangers (4th season - won loads) and they seem to max out at value 9mill, is this due to the club or league and will this value ever increase?

Also if I was a lower division club that won promotion several times, say Rushden from Conf, would my players be worth the same as if they were at Man U - assuming both teams in PL and comparable players?

• SI Staff

There is obviously a link from a players valuation to the league and club they're playing at - for instance a good youngster at Man Utd will generally be considered more valuable than the same player in the Brighton squad ... this is purely down to peoples perceptions of talent, in one situation he's seen as potentially a Man Utd first team player - in the other people would question if he'd succeed at a higher level.

If you can increase your clubs standing by winning leagues (esp. European trophies) then you should find this upper level can and will increase somewhat.

PS> Ditto your second question if you do well enough with Rushden then they'd be considered a big club and player valuations would follow suit ...

Archived