4 3 1 2 or 4 3 3

does anyone play any of these my best spell in my career was at newcastle using 433

i used it for a few seasons ever since at the 3 other teams have been with since i have used like a 442.

but i have now gone to a 4 3 1 2 should i set the attacking midfeilder as an inside foward i have 1 of my 2 strikers dropping deep should i have him not drop deep.

I've had a lot of success with a plain 4-3-3 and the 'Retain Possession' shout during the matches. One main striker in the middle up front as a Complete Forward and 2 Trequaristas either side of him dropping into the channels to receive balls from midfield. Two Attacking Playmakers either side of a Supporting Central Midfielder completes the midfield.

Against poorer teams i will see around 65/35 possession and 55/45 against similar teams. I'm pretty bored with it after 10 seasons, but it works so i stick with it :thup:

I've had a lot of success with a plain 4-3-3 and the 'Retain Possession' shout during the matches. One main striker in the middle up front as a Complete Forward and 2 Trequaristas either side of him dropping into the channels to receive balls from midfield. Two Attacking Playmakers either side of a Supporting Central Midfielder completes the midfield.

Against poorer teams i will see around 65/35 possession and 55/45 against similar teams. I'm pretty bored with it after 10 seasons, but it works so i stick with it :thup:

cool i will try yours out

It's not a 'wonder tactic' by any means, but i have the players that are needed for it to work; hard workers with great passing and creativity and good mental attributes.

Obviously the Trequaristas can't be 'Strikers', they need to have more of a free-role, so will likely be 'Forwards' with good dribbling, creativity, flair etc. I've tried putting a left-footer in the right slot and vice versa, but it hasn't made much difference; although i do have them swap over in game to confuse any man-markers.

I toyed with the idea of swapping the Central Midfielder for a Ball Winning Midfielder, but it made no difference really. Plus the poor regens in 2020 made it impossible to find a good Defensive Midfielder!

I use a 4312 now with Everton in Year 2023... I started out with three midfielders- two box2box's around either a deep lying playmaker or ballwinning midfielder depending on personnel (I think Ball winner with Fellaini and DLP with Rodwell)... anyhow, for some reason, I couldn't find wingers to play as Inside Fwd's anymore (in the mold of Landon Donovan, Mikel Arteta, Steven Pinneaar, etc)... and so I eventually moved to the 4312 in the waning Jack Rodwell years.

I play now with two box2box's around the dlp or bwm (same as before), but with a Trequartista in front of them (I found a rediculous re-gen from Southampton and bought him for 2mil when he was 18... best buy ever)... and up front, I play a Complete Forward with a Poacher, though on the poacher I turn closing down way off, and up the mentality a few ticks... he's a hybrid Poacher/Trequartista... he's flagged offsides a bit, but he's super quick and has good decisions and off the ball, and ends up with loads of goals the last three years (25, 27, 24)...

it should be noted that I also have a GREAT defensive back 4 (simple, 2 defensive central defenders, two auto fullbacks), which I feel covers for all my attack minded players... In the 13 seasons I've played, I've been in the top 4 defensively in EPL 11 of them, and the four times I've made CL, I was top of prem defensively...

good luck.

I use a 4312 now with Everton in Year 2023... I started out with three midfielders- two box2box's around either a deep lying playmaker or ballwinning midfielder depending on personnel (I think Ball winner with Fellaini and DLP with Rodwell)... anyhow, for some reason, I couldn't find wingers to play as Inside Fwd's anymore (in the mold of Landon Donovan, Mikel Arteta, Steven Pinneaar, etc)... and so I eventually moved to the 4312 in the waning Jack Rodwell years.

I play now with two box2box's around the dlp or bwm (same as before), but with a Trequartista in front of them (I found a rediculous re-gen from Southampton and bought him for 2mil when he was 18... best buy ever)... and up front, I play a Complete Forward with a Poacher, though on the poacher I turn closing down way off, and up the mentality a few ticks... he's a hybrid Poacher/Trequartista... he's flagged offsides a bit, but he's super quick and has good decisions and off the ball, and ends up with loads of goals the last three years (25, 27, 24)...

it should be noted that I also have a GREAT defensive back 4 (simple, 2 defensive central defenders, two auto fullbacks), which I feel covers for all my attack minded players... In the 13 seasons I've played, I've been in the top 4 defensively in EPL 11 of them, and the four times I've made CL, I was top of prem defensively...

good luck.

should i use 2 box to box midfeilders

I basically go off of my personnel. At first it was Cahill and Rodwell as B2B, with Fellaini as a ball-winner, or Cahill and Gago (who I got of RM early on) as B2B with Rodwell as a DLP...

If I didn't have two of the Rodwell/Cahill/Gago group around, I'd set whoever was there (Arteta, Osman, etc) to whatever suited them best- usually central mid support/attack...

Archived