How many Leagues do you tend to go for?

As a rule, how many leagues (nations) do you normally go for when starting a new game?

I tend to go for England, Brazil, Argentina, and Spain. But I am tempted to add France, Italy and Germany to the list but I am holding back as I don't want to slow my computer down too much.

Whats your habit?

I load England, Spain and Italy with some extra players from Brazil, Argentina, France and Germany, this is what I use if I want a very long career game as Sunderland or Crewe usually. Sometimes I will add the German and French leagues and it doesn't seem to slow things down too much but I only load the top leagues.

At the moment I have New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Egypt, South Africa, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Spain and England loaded. I expect the game to get slower once I hit 2020 plus.

All.

But, if I had to choose a smaller number, I'd probably go with Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Portugal and Spain.

If I could expand on that, I'd add the rest of Europe first, then the rest of America, and only then would I think about African and Asian leagues.

I always go for England, Italy, Spain and Germany open with the top league in each being run and all the leagues of the team I'm going to manage being run.

So League 2 to Prem in England if i am managing a premiership team, then La Liga, Seria A and Bundesliga ran too. High database. Runs quite fast.

I have one country - Spain- with all the leagues in Spain.

But having done a few newgen and speed tests I will do the following in future.

The country of my team and the following custom database of small with the folowing:

All players from top division clubs:

Argentina, Brazil, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Mexico, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Sweeden, Spain.

In my current game I have loaded:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United States.

2 highest leages from all. Not going slow at all btw.

So far I have mananged 11 clubs over 4 continents and 9 nations.

There is one stupid thing I noticed regardig league selections.

Senior national teams of smaller countries and almost all the U21 teams are filled with players from the selected leagues. Yes, they are the best available players existing in the game but they should not be capped only because of that. Only the real talents should be and the rest of the NTs should be made up with quality greyed-out players. It's really unrealistic that the majority of the Italian U21 team play in Switzerland (the league I'm managing in).

Haven't started a game without Germany, France, Italy, Spain, England, Holland, Portugal and Belgium since FM2007!

I just find the game seems 'incomplete' if i don't load the European leagues, get's annoying when i can't see who's won Serie A and see top clubs with greyed out players :D

Haven't noticed any significant speed issues either.

It depends normally i load English leagues down to the Confrence and Spanish & Italy top leagues, sometimes load the Dutch Eredivisie aswell.

On my current save though i have all English leagues down to the Confrence, all Scottish Leagues, Italy Serie A, Spanish Liga and the Dutch Eredivisie loaded.

There is one stupid thing I noticed regardig league selections.

Senior national teams of smaller countries and almost all the U21 teams are filled with players from the selected leagues. Yes, they are the best available players existing in the game but they should not be capped only because of that. Only the real talents should be and the rest of the NTs should be made up with quality greyed-out players. It's really unrealistic that the majority of the Italian U21 team play in Switzerland (the league I'm managing in).

I just find the game seems 'incomplete' if i don't load the European leagues, get's annoying when i can't see who's won Serie A and see top clubs with greyed out players :D

Haven't noticed any significant speed issues either.

These two posts sum up exactly why I usually load 125 leagues :D except that I usually feel that way about more league than the major European ones :)

Archived