The Glen Hoddle Academy - Regens

Hi all

Just wondered about this, maybe you could help. Do the GH Academy produce regens to purchase? Only I know their purpose is to pick up players turned away from a pro contract elsewhere then sell them on, I thought perhaps they might continue this trend with regens?

Cheers

docks

No, as far as I know they only pick up players who were left behind by their clubs. I've never seen them with their own home grown regen that started at GH Academy, all of their players have been signed after being released by their other clubs.

LOL! Then what is the point of having this feature in the game? :D

Well as Campbells said, it's about what level you're at really. Usually by the time that academy starts signing a lot of players, whatever team I'm managing is on the way up and these players aren't good enough. However I've seen them go to the Championship in the past, so I guess if you're managing in an average league they could be good, don't expect the next Messi to come from GH any time soon though...

I did pick up a play from the GH Acadamy who went onto play for England one time. Can't remember his name now, was in about 2030 so was a regen. Was a striker, wasn't bad for me, scored about 10 - 15 goals a season in the Premiership but I decided to cash in on him.

Was terrible for England though....23 caps and 1 goal ;)

Cheers guys, only i'm in 2015 and no regens so far, yet there is one on loan there! :confused: :D

I suspect that when your season is over they'll sign about 20 released players. They did that for me on my Leeds save, I'm in 2017 at the moment and they've just signed about 23 players.

Also they have a guy on loan from Werder Bremen too, strange

Archived