windows 7 question: confused!

hi i just got a new very powerful laptop (partly to be able to play fm enjoyably!) and windows 7 is installed.

i found the fm icon by doing a search but have no idea where to find data editor. neither program comes up in the "all programs" list where it would in xp, i just have no idea where to find things. thinking of making a couple of changes to the db before setting up a new game, can anyone help? this new OS is really confusing to me!

thanks, neil

• 2 weeks later...
It should be here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\football manager 2010\tools\editor

BTW, the fm shortcut in windows vista/7 is normally under start -> games.

RIGHT... I have the same prob with 7. Found the link in Games, but in Program Files (x86) there is no sports interative file! I dowloaded it via steam, does this mean it can be found elsewhere?! Driving me nuts!!! Grrrr! Help pls

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you can access the game through the Games Explorer, to get to the Editor or Resource Tool you just need to right click on the FM icon in the Game Explorer and select the one you want. (It's a Games For Window requirement that no desktop or start menu icons are created on install).

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you can access the game through the Games Explorer, to get to the Editor or Resource Tool you just need to right click on the FM icon in the Game Explorer and select the one you want. (It's a Games For Window requirement that no desktop or start menu icons are created on install).

That's how it should be, but it doesn't give me an editor link in the games explorer nor in the steam library.

Archived