Jury still out... why?

Here's the situation: I am doing a journeyman save. I have risen up the division, starting at Bradford, then going to Watford and now I'm managing at NEC Nijmegen in the Dutch Eredivisie. For the record, I achieved promotion with Bradford and steered Watford from bottom of the table to 12th. I'm doing a similar job at NEC. This was the state of affairs when I took over in October:

Eredivise (October)

Rock bottom, not doing very well and a team full of players with poor morale and wanting to leave the club and so on and so on.

Fast foward to Febuary, and this is how things are going:

Eredivise (Febuary)

We've risen up the table, have little chance of getting relegated and have an outside chance of getting into the play-offs for a Europa League place. Furthermore, I have not lost a game since I joined. 15 games unbeaten. That's a club record.

But despite all of that, I get this message.

Jury still out for NEC boss

...why? :confused:

I thought I was doing a good job at NEC, but evidently the game doesn't quite agree. Now this does not bother too much, but it does annoy me that the game seems to not recognise the fact that I'm doing well at NEC and I do not think the game has taken into account that I joined part way into the season and have changed this club's fortunes around. Would be nice if it could.

What is the media prediction for NEC in your season?

I see that you have drawn 8 and won 7 in your 15 unbeaten games, and that could be something that the fans are a little sceptical about, especially if you have drawn against teams that you really should have beaten.

But maybe the fans and the board at the club are just a little disappointed by the previous managers contribution and are thinking that your current form is just a glorious blip on the radar so to speak?

What is the media prediction for NEC in your season?

I see that you have drawn 8 and won 7 in your 15 unbeaten games, and that could be something that the fans are a little sceptical about, especially if you have drawn against teams that you really should have beaten.

But maybe the fans and the board at the club are just a little disappointed by the previous managers contribution and are thinking that your current form is just a glorious blip on the radar so to speak?

NEC were predicted to finish 10th.

These are the games I drew:

FC Emmen 1 - 1 NEC

sc Heerenveen 2 - 2 NEC

FC Twente 0 - 0 NEC

Vitesse 0 - 0 NEC

AZ Alkmaar 1 - 1 NEC

NAC Breda 1 - 1 NEC

NEC 1 - 1 FC Twente

Ajax 1 - 1 NEC

Telstar 2 - 2 NEC

I've bolded the games where I should have won, in terms of expectation and quality of opposition but that record there is not that bad is it? Draws away to top six teams like Ajax, FC Twente, AZ Alkmaar and sc Heerenveen are very good results for a club like NEC.

I mean, I can see why there would be doubt but I'm thinking that the game should be able to recognise certain circumstances; the team is in poor form, they have a new manager and shouldn't be expected to do that well, but they have. Sure, the majority of that unbeaten run have been draws, but most of those draws have come away in games where we were expected to be thoroughly beaten.

Archived