Wouldnt it be nice if......

As FM's develop year on year, if clubs which have expired IRL (and been removed from the game, with good reason of course) eg Chester, Farsley, if these teams could be stored ringfenced in the game database for selection if wanted, with full history etc. Not realistic maybe but I fear more and better nationally supported clubs that the 2 examples given, may be on the verge of extinction and it would be nce if those fans could carry on the fantasy with minimal editting of the game, ie dropping that clubs file into the "live" game database, without having to receate the whole club struture again.

PS My 6 month review of FM10 is:

Plusses: Tactic wizard / tactical ease of comprehension, & general addictiveness.

Minuses: 3d not working (shame, it looked good when it briefly worked) on my in-spec fully driver-updated PC, daily crashes (just save before & after every match or 30 mins of gametime)-problem sorted, but still rather inecuseable I would suggest.

They are kept in there so that when you look at past winners of a competition, you will see a club that won it there even if they have since folded. It's the same reason that Czechoslovakia, the Soviet Union, West Germany and Yugoslavia are still in the game. They would have history for any competitions which start the game with history (I don't think Reserve leagues do, for instance), but I'm not sure if their top goalscorer etc. would be included.

Archived