manager of the season

Has anybody had a manager of the season not be the guy who wins the league? It seems to me that in the game its not good enough to get Tottenham to fourth or Fulham to a European final etc

Thats pretty much the way it is IRL. 'Arry yesterday won the Barclays Premier Manager of the Year (not the proper LMA one) and he's only the 2nd to do so without winning the league (George Burley at Ipswich was the 1st). I'm fairly sure that the manager award in game is this one and not the LMA one.

Thats pretty much the way it is IRL. 'Arry yesterday won the Barclays Premier Manager of the Year (not the proper LMA one) and he's only the 2nd to do so without winning the league (George Burley at Ipswich was the 1st). I'm fairly sure that the manager award in game is this one and not the LMA one.

Who actually voted for that? Was it Barclays themselves, fans, players or managers? I take it the LMA award would be the Managers Manager of the year. If the race for fourth spot was to be decided on the final day, would they have waited to see who won before naming the winner (Arry or Mancini?).

On a side note, and this is just my opinion, Alex McLeish should be the Barclays Premier Manager of the Year. To get Birmingham where they are in their first season is an unbelievable achievement. Spurs and Harry Redknapp have spent enough money this season and in previous seasons to be where they are now.

As for LMA Manager of the Year its got to be Woy for me. Ok they have'nt done as well in the league but with a squad that small and the injuries they have had, you can't really expect them to chalenge realistically on both fronts. They did enough to secure their top flight status and then charged onto Europe beating some excellent teams. Juventus are'nt the team they were but still. Also holders Shakhtar, German Champions Wolfsburg and Hamburg and credible performances against Serie A chalengers Roma.

Even if they do lose on wednesday night they have still punched above their weight in Europe this season and that is down to the manager getting his tactics right and getting the best out of his players. Well dont Roy Hodgson :thup: (Man Utd fan btw)

Manager of the Year in game is done on a points system. The guy that wins the league nearly always has 800-1000 more points then anyone else due to winning the title, in my last season I came third with 422 (I was third in the table and runner up in the FA Cup), second got 511 (they came second in the league, not sure about cups), first got 1440 (won the league and FA Cup they were also in Europe).

I'm not sure how the points system works exactly, but winning the league gives far too many points. It doesn't matter if you start as a team with no players and predicted to finish last but you defy the odds and finish second on goal difference the manager who won the title wins the award. In the example above I was predicted mid-table, second was predicted to avoid relegation, and first were predicted first having won the double the past two seasons and not finished outside the Champions League places for 6 seasons. Was it really a massive surprise that they won the title again? The team that came second was a real surprise their squad is awful and they have much fewer resources.

Who actually voted for that? Was it Barclays themselves, fans, players or managers? I take it the LMA award would be the Managers Manager of the year. If the race for fourth spot was to be decided on the final day, would they have waited to see who won before naming the winner (Arry or Mancini?).

On a side note, and this is just my opinion, Alex McLeish should be the Barclays Premier Manager of the Year. To get Birmingham where they are in their first season is an unbelievable achievement. Spurs and Harry Redknapp have spent enough money this season and in previous seasons to be where they are now.

As for LMA Manager of the Year its got to be Woy for me. Ok they have'nt done as well in the league but with a squad that small and the injuries they have had, you can't really expect them to chalenge realistically on both fronts. They did enough to secure their top flight status and then charged onto Europe beating some excellent teams. Juventus are'nt the team they were but still. Also holders Shakhtar, German Champions Wolfsburg and Hamburg and credible performances against Serie A chalengers Roma.

Even if they do lose on wednesday night they have still punched above their weight in Europe this season and that is down to the manager getting his tactics right and getting the best out of his players. Well dont Roy Hodgson :thup: (Man Utd fan btw)

The Barclays award is voted by Barclays panel, the media and fans.

Re: Alex McLeish v 'Arry, I'm obviously going to disagree, but lets be honest, 18 months ago we were shoo ins for relegation, we are now in the CL and could get 3rd tomorrow. Getting Birmingham to overperform for 6 months doesn't even come close in my mind.

And yes Hodgson should probably get the LMA one. Personally hope they stuff Arsenal tomorrow and then lose in humorous fashion on Wednesday.

So you're telling me that he deserve manager of the year over Roy Hodgson who's made Fulham finish in the top half of the season and get to the Europa League final, after beating the holders, the favourites, the german champions and wolfsburg on the way and all on a shoe string budget? Utter crock mate. I'm sorry, i'm a Fulham fan and absolutely fuming he didn't win. Compared to Birmingham and Tottenham he has spent peanuts and we've done all that.

So you're telling me that he deserve manager of the year over Roy Hodgson who's made Fulham finish in the top half of the season and get to the Europa League final, after beating the holders, the favourites, the german champions and wolfsburg on the way and all on a shoe string budget? Utter crock mate. I'm sorry, i'm a Fulham fan and absolutely fuming he didn't win. Compared to Birmingham and Tottenham he has spent peanuts and we've done all that.

Have you even read my post?

If im correct, Barclays Manager of the Year is based on league performance and maybe domestic cup performance aswell. Spurs have broken into the top 4 and have been in a cup final.

Now if you want to believe 12th (up to now) is the top half then fine. You have done nothing in the league and have actually gone down from last year. Yes I know you have a small squad and that is why league performance has suffered after playing Europa League games but still, if its down to league performance alone then Fulham are nowhere near.

He does fully deserve LMA Manager of the Year though for the reasons ive said. Maybe have a read again :thup:

Last season I won the ECL, Copa Italia and finished 3rd with Sampdoria is Seria A but only came 3rd in the manager of the year. Morinhio won Manager of the year for getting Inter 2nd place and eh thats about it - completely random.

Again to my point about manager invincability - Morinhio has won nothing in the game with Inter yet here we are in 202 and he still has his job - something seriously wrong with AI when it comes to rating managers.

Archived