Classics

Hi just wondering but would anyone know if it is ever possible to play older versions of CM/FM on windows vista?

Ive recetnly purchased a new laptop with windows vista but i really want to play some of the older versions say CM2 or CM97/98, is this possible to play them? If so what would i have to do?

I have downloaded DOSbox thinking that would help but i cant see what it has done or how i use it? Hope someone can help!

Hi just wondering but would anyone know if it is ever possible to play older versions of CM/FM on windows vista?

Ive recetnly purchased a new laptop with windows vista but i really want to play some of the older versions say CM2 or CM97/98, is this possible to play them? If so what would i have to do?

I have downloaded DOSbox thinking that would help but i cant see what it has done or how i use it? Hope someone can help!

always sounds nice, and for the first half an hour it is, seeing the good old mighty vieri and desailly and shearer etc... but gets so boring after that, seeing the bar moving sideways instead of the little round players moving around and all. well whatever, have fun mate!

devletli - cant anybody have a different opinion or view on these forums next time i want your opnion i will ask until then i just keeping stum as you obvioulsy havent got anything worth saying and you cant help with my question!

spineles, i told you, you can play previous versions on vista. if it doesnt work, change the compatibility or something. then you started talking about laid-down evenings and sunsets and getting busy with your classics. after that it was just my humble view on the issue. dont need to get worked up about it. you may as well consider trying it before posting it, or grow one yourself, huh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devletli:

spineles, i told you, you can play previous versions on vista. if it doesnt work, change the compatibility or something. then you started talking about laid-down evenings and sunsets and getting busy with your classics. after that it was just my humble view on the issue. dont need to get worked up about it. you may as well consider trying it before posting it, or grow one yourself, huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you SURE about this? You needed DOSbox to run these program on Windows. Are you suggesting that Vista has taken this into account - ie. a lot of people use old programs nowadays, and the compatibility issues have been incorporated into the new OS?

* When I say Windows, I mean Windows XP obviously

Just to be specific icon_smile.gif

My point is - CM97/98 was made for Windows 98, and you suggest all you need to do is stick the disc in, and Vista will load it up no problem. Is this true?

right... well sometimes when you see older cms in shops (like game) second hand they have stickers with also vista compatable (sp?) on them... so i dont think that you can play it unless you get a specalist to make vista compatable or you buy windows xp... icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

right... well sometimes when you see older cms in shops (like game) second hand they have stickers with also vista compatable (sp?) on them... so i dont think that you can play it unless you get a specalist to make the game vista compatable or you buy windows xp... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spineles:

ok thanks for that dudface, does that dosbox i downloaded not do anything then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've used DOSbox on Windows XP, but not Vista.

Maybe there is a Vista version of it?

To be honest, it REALLY wasn't worth the time and effort.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but gets so boring after that, seeing the bar moving sideways instead of the little round players moving around and all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking personally I prefer to play with just the commentary and no 2D views. I think you get through a season quicker that way and I am playing on a quite good machine (Intel core2Duo E6550 2.33GHZ 2GB Ram) so processing speed isn't really an issue I just like it that way.

I really want to buy the older games to play on vista but am not sure if they will work some older games seem to work and others don't.

Would be nice to buy ronaldo as a teenager and seeing who turns out good as I really cannot remember the older games too well.

Archived