Questions about targetman

Hello!

I was wondering, if you tick "Use targetman" in Team instructions, do you also have to apply that player to the Target Man role on the pitch for it to work properly? Or can I use a Complete Forward with team settings to use him as targetman with supply to head.

Also, does the players have any intelligence in the game to know what other players strenghts are? Example: Theo Walcott is hugging the touchline but instead of crossing to my striker who are 1.94 with 18 heading, 19 strength and 18 jumping he is putting hes cross to my AML who is VERY short.

Thanks!

Re 2nd question, I think that would be part of the crossing attribute. ie. Giggs with crossing 20 can pinpoint the player he wants whereas some Defender would just sink the boot in willy nilly.

Not sure regarding first question.

Ok, thanks.

But Im sure 9 out of 10 of my crosses from AMR/AML goes to the other AML/AMR instead of my tall complete forward. Almost always.

Walcott has 9 crossing and Eden Hazard has 12. So thats why they always cross to the smallest players?

firstly you do not have to apply that man to the target man. cos maybe yo do not want to use a tall player for target man. you may want your quicker striker as a target man. so you should apply him poacher and in team instructions you must choose him.

also you must be realized that there are 4 options about how to pass to target man.

--to head (suitable for tall , powerfull and slow players)

--to feet ( tecnichal , creative and slow player )

-- run onto ball ( for dribblers and pacey player )

--mixed ( both of them --- especially works well with complete forwards.)

firstly you do not have to apply that man to the target man. cos maybe yo do not want to use a tall player for target man. you may want your quicker striker as a target man. so you should apply him poacher and in team instructions you must choose him.

also you must be realized that there are 4 options about how to pass to target man.

--to head (suitable for tall , powerfull and slow players)

--to feet ( tecnichal , creative and slow player )

-- run onto ball ( for dribblers and pacey player )

--mixed ( both of them --- especially works well with complete forwards.)

Thanks mate! That sortet it out for me. Only first question tho, if players know what other players are good at. Is there any info on that? I want them to know that is better to give Walcott a through ball to run on instead of giving him a floating cross on the head.

:confused:

Have you set Walcott's cross aim to 'Target Man'?

Yes, but what is that connected to. The one with "Targetman" as role on the pitch or the targetman under instructions? :confused:

:confused:

Yes, but what is that connected to. The one with "Targetman" as role on the pitch or the targetman under instructions? :confused:

I suppose it's connected with the one you select as Target Man in the instructions.

The "Target Man" role you can pick from the tactical screen is just a preset set of instructions you give to the specific player.

Nothing to do with the Target Man selection in the Team Instructions

Archived