New stadiums - do they get expanded?

Ok did a search but couldn’t find the answer for this one. I’m managing Ipswich and in 2017 we have moved to a new stadium as Portman Road was stuck at 40,000 due to the council issue.

Anyway the new stadium is 57,000ish – what are the chances of this being expanded further?

I keep a tight wage budget but I do still have to pay my top stars some decent money to keep them, plus the new stadium is costing me £1m a month (for a long time) as a loan. I like to try and ensure I get close to breaking even most months, a bigger stadium would help that. I guess some depends on how much I’m filling it, I get over 50,000 most games I believe. Curse those shareholders taking £20m a year.

Any info would be greatly appreciated guys.

Noy sure but I got a new 73k stadium with Tottenhm. Filled it most games and had an average attendence of around 72k. Asked for expansion every season but no luck. 1st was told there was no need then the council would never allow it. Seemed a bit stupid to build a nw stadium with not scope for upgrade. Money was not the issue as i had over £300mil in the bank.

It happens. I had a Pompey save on the latest patch and about 7 seasons in a new stadium was built, then a season after further 15000 seats were added, so the stadium had a capacity of about 65000.

Definitely happens. I got a new 28,000 seater stadium with Luton. I then got a wealthy chairman who within a season bumped it to 44,000. Currently filling it every game so I'm hoping it can be expanded again.

Archived