FM 10 is freezing my PC !

Hi, can you help me to solve this? :

First you must know that FM 10 was working perfectly until this morning. I have played many seasons in Spain, Brazil, Italy, with no crash dumps, no xml erros, absolutely no problems until today. Keep in mind, FM 10 was working normally since december/09.

This morning I did start a game in Brazil, 3th division. I played 4 hours. One time the PC stoped: alt+tab didn't work, I needed restart the PC. But after the restart, FM 10 did work well.

In the afternoon, I tryed to resume the morning game, but FM 10 freeze in initial display (new game, load game...). When I get start the game, after load the saved game, the PC freezes.

Others games and softwares are working well, only FM 10 is crashing my PC.

PLEASE HELP ME! I WANT TO PLAY!

Carllo - Brazil.

PS: FM 10 (STEAM). Excuse, my english is very poor.

Since the game has been running fine, it is unlikely that the game itself is causing the issues unless you have either used the editor or installed some add-ons like logos etc.

Have you got the 10.3 patch installed? Make sure that your graphics card drivers, Java, directX and Windows are all fully updated.

I'm desesperated!

FM 10 was working perfectly for 5 months! I didn't use editor. I didn't install add-ons. I got the 10.3 patch installed since it released. Graphic card driver, java, directx and windows are fully updated!

Others games are running fine, only FM 10 are crashing the system. When I start FM 10, it freeze in the initial display (new game, load game...) and the PC stops.

I have good technical knowledge. I have investigated every evident motive to this problem. I beg you help me to fix this issue.

I'm afraid because I have payed US$ 39.99 (R$ 80.00 in my local money) and the game stop working without apparent reason. I'm bothered. :-(

Check your hard drive for errors. If you are using an anti virus program make sure that you set it up to ignore the fm folders when its scans as this can sometimes cause problems.

• Administrators

Would seem unusual that FM would cause your entire computer to freeze, the game alone perhaps. As people have said I'd suggest running a virus scanner and a hardware scanner to make sure your system is okay. Failing that I'd do a manual uninstall of the game (including hidden files and folders) and Steam, and reinstall. Details on how to do so can be found in the FAQ - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=177053

Keep us updated on how you get on, thanks.

The problem continues.

What I did:

- Uninstall FM 10 and Steam (including hidden files and folders);

- Verify the hard disk integrity and fixing errors;

- Defragment the hard disk;

- Scan HD for viruses;

- Reinstall Steam and FM 10 (10.3)

Again, the FM 10 freezes in the new game display.

This never happened to me before, I play eletronic games in PC since 1995, I honestly don't know what to do.

PLEASE, HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS, IT'S A INEXPLICABLE THING.

What do you have running at the same time as when windows loads and when FM is running? Have you downloaded anyhing off the net recently? Perhaps something that is running at the same time is causing a conflict. Did you set up your virus scanner so that it ignores your fm folders? One final thing you can try is download gamebooster and this will temporarily disable anything running in the background that your computer doesnt need to run.

Download gamebooster from http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

The only thing that runs at same time of FM 10 is Avast Virus Scanner, but I did set Avast to ignore "/steam" folder and "/mydoc/sports interactive". Besides, I did stop real time protection (besides, FM 10 did work fine for 5 months at same time that Avast). I didn't install new softwares recently and system are free of viruses (at least I believe in Avast :o ).

I will try gamebooster (i will try anything to FM 10 run smoothly :o )

Thanks to all of you that tried to help me.

I reinstalled the MS Windows and the problem happened again so, I came to the conclusion that is a HARDWARE problem, because others softwares started to freeze too. I suspect that graphic card is damaged or the motherboard. :(

Again, I wish to thank for your help and patience. :)

PS: Let me down the fact that I don't have money to replace the damaged hardware. So, I'll stay a long time without to play FM 10 and others games. :(

My friends! You will never to discover what are freezing my PC!

It's the Computer POWER SUPPLY!

I did change a damaged power supply few days ago and I never suspect that the new power supply are so low quality that it are freezing the PC when I run games that requires great video performance. Oh my... it was really a nut to crack to me.

I discovered this looking for foruns in the web, where I found people with the same problem that me, and others guys suggested to change a low quality power supply for one more powerful.

I tried to reduce electricity consume by disconnnecting some itens like cd driver and coolers so, I'm playing FM 10 for 1 hour and it is fine! The next pass to me is to buy a more powerful power supply.

This post can be very useful for other people, because I found many peoples with same problem (Just forgive my poor english). :o

others guys suggested to change a low quality power supply for one more powerful.

I tried to reduce electricity consume by disconnnecting some itens like cd driver and coolers so, I'm playing FM 10 for 1 hour and it is fine! The next pass to me is to buy a more powerful power supply.

There's a difference between "low quality" and "low amperage". Most people only look at total watt power and then feel surprised when it fails, blaming the brand when that happens.

"Low quality" PSUs are known to fail regardless their power - they have short life, get BSOD (Blue Smoke Of Death) when pushed, and/or ruin other PC parts due to excessive power oscilation.

"low amperage" simply means the PSU isn't powerful enough for the intended use, and reading your last post I believe that's what happened to you.

In short, look for around 20a (or more) in every rail of your future PSU, and you should be fine.

There's a difference between "low quality" and "low amperage". Most people only look at total watt power and then feel surprised when it fails, blaming the brand when that happens.

"Low quality" PSUs are known to fail regardless their power - they have short life, get BSOD (Blue Smoke Of Death) when pushed, and/or ruin other PC parts due to excessive power oscilation.

"low amperage" simply means the PSU isn't powerful enough for the intended use, and reading your last post I believe that's what happened to you.

In short, look for around 20a (or more) in every rail of your future PSU, and you should be fine.

Thanks for the support. I didn't observe this detail. Just now I observe that the PSU I bought have 40% lesser amperage. You did hit the bull’s-eye.

Archived