Player doesn't want to play

I don't think it means what you think it does. If memory serves that is a follow up question to you being upset that you lost an important player to a long(-ish) term injury. Claiming that you are looking to replace him (or rather his role within the team) with a young/lesser player will not be viewed favourably most times. That is how I have interpreted my experiences with that situation at least.

Well no where on there does it say he doesn't want to play.

Who is Vickers, I would guess probably a young player who doesn't feel ready for first team football.

Given that he's played over twenty games already this season, in addition to having two seasons of first-team action under his belt, and has seven Welsh international caps to his name, then he really ought to by now.

The problem probably is what you say, B4L: it's not what I "think it means". But the phrasing is pretty clear: it comes across looking like Vickers isn't happy about being given the opportunity to play.

I really hope they sort these awful press conferences out next time round.

I have to say I'm surprised to see that you appeared in 'an equivocal mood' when you met the journalists. That doesn't happen very often :rolleyes:

These sort of questions are a minefield - you simply can't pre-empt what the response will be until it's too late.

Given that he's played over twenty games already this season, in addition to having two seasons of first-team action under his belt, and has seven Welsh international caps to his name, then he really ought to by now.

The problem probably is what you say, B4L: it's not what I "think it means". But the phrasing is pretty clear: it comes across looking like Vickers isn't happy about being given the opportunity to play.

I really hope they sort these awful press conferences out next time round.

So basically he thinks he should be playing a main role at the club and shouldn't be a backup player then.

Consider squad status & personality but at the end of the day it only has a small effect on his morale going into the match.

Archived