France is one big feeder club...

There seems to be an element of the 2010 version that pretty much allows managers to not only scout France, but to take just about any player one wants from France with little effort.

I started off with Farsley Celtic. Was able to scout France, so I did. Found some players that were more than overpowering for Blue Square North (or South or whatever league they are in). Anyway, I signed three French players from CFA teams. They owned the BSP. Tons of goals, controlled the midfield. Stats o' plenty. Was able to move Farsley up to C/C League 1 before jumping ship to Bohemians in Ireland.

Ok...now with Bohemians and France is still where the players are for me. Young players with decent stats who come in and clean house in the IPD.

I can't get players with equivalent stats in England, Italy, Spain or Germany to come to my club, but if these players are on a French team, I can get them for next to nothing. (I'm not complaining, mind you.) I just picked up a Venezuelan, 21-year-old striker who has 21 national caps (not u21, but main team), and who has scored 5 goals in his first 8 games for his club. And (here's the best part) I got him on free transfer. Very few of these players are French. It just appears that France is the "Casablanca" of football players.

So here's my question: Is it just my luck of the draw in this particular game I'm playing or has anyone else noticed that players in France will go to leagues that are below their abilities, that they'll move at the drop of a hat, and that they will come relatively cheaply?

So is this an anomaly?

(Of course, I will brag and say that I've taken Bohemians to two straight titles, three cups, and through the first group stage of the CL, all thanks to my killer players all bought from French clubs.

I encountered the same thing while playing with Bradford, but instead of France i have Spain as a feeder. I had two great strikers, midfielders, fullbacks etc. and managed consecutive promotions. Now in the Premier League can snap up players from Spain more easily than from anywhere else. Oh and I don't have a Spanish nationality or know how to speak the language.

There seems to be an element of the 2010 version that pretty much allows managers to not only scout France, but to take just about any player one wants from France with little effort.

I started off with Farsley Celtic. Was able to scout France, so I did. Found some players that were more than overpowering for Blue Square North (or South or whatever league they are in). Anyway, I signed three French players from CFA teams. They owned the BSP. Tons of goals, controlled the midfield. Stats o' plenty. Was able to move Farsley up to C/C League 1 before jumping ship to Bohemians in Ireland.

Ok...now with Bohemians and France is still where the players are for me. Young players with decent stats who come in and clean house in the IPD.

I can't get players with equivalent stats in England, Italy, Spain or Germany to come to my club, but if these players are on a French team, I can get them for next to nothing. (I'm not complaining, mind you.) I just picked up a Venezuelan, 21-year-old striker who has 21

national caps (not u21, but main team), and who has scored 5 goals in his first 8 games for his club. And (here's the best part) I got him on free transfer. Very few of these players are French. It just appears that France is the "Casablanca" of football players.

So here's my question: Is it just my luck of the draw in this particular game I'm playing or has anyone else noticed that players in France will go to leagues that are below their abilities, that they'll move at the drop of a hat, and that they will come relatively cheaply?

So is this an anomaly?

(Of course, I will brag and say that I've taken Bohemians to two straight titles, three cups, and through the first group stage of the CL, all thanks to my killer players all bought from French clubs.

Did you load players from reunion? France? Or just left it blank?

Archived