Admire Youngster

Has anyone used "admire youngster" interaction to any success?

I always scout for young talent and when I find it I try to butter them up and get on their favorites list. However admiring youngster and praising his potential never ever seems to give me anything positive. However admiring his talents always seems to get "Pleased with Manager X's comments".

Any tips or experiences with this?

How long are you praising the player for? I've managed it quite a few times but it's always taken at least 18 months. Maybe your praising too often?

For youngsters I've never really found it worth it, but it's good for unsettling an established first team player to buy them cheaper. Youngsters are rarely expensive enough for me to waste time on getting into their good books.

I'm just praising occasionally when my scout finds a new one. I know if you praise twice within a month they will get annoyed.

I also don't have a lot of money at my club, so quality youngsters aren't exactly cheap to me.

I generally just praise once every couple of months. After a time they will say they are delighted in the news message and then use one of the options about trying to sign the player. Normally that will lead to a transfer request, if not praise them a couple more times and try again.

I've not really seen much difference about who a youngster signs for if other clubs are interested. Even if I have been on the players preferred list they have still gone to bigger clubs that offer more money. That's why I stopped bothering doing it on youngsters, if I can't buy them for £2m-£3m straight off I move on to someone else.

Archived