Harrogate Town in the Prem!

I can't believe I managed this... 5 consecutive promotions, 4 league wins and runner-up in the championship has put Harrogate in the Premiership!

I've never had the patience to do this as I usually get bored with the crapness of the lower leagues, but it is the most enjoyable game I've had on FM... by far

and i thought i'd get killed in the premier league, but my old stars are working wonders with 3 wins in 3 against Newcastle (strongest team in the league after a tycoon took them over), Arsenal and City...

Lampard, Arshavin and Andy Johnson tearing it up... still got life in the old legs yet

New Stadium is being built too...

Sorry if you're bored, i just needed to share this with people who understand my excitement, rather than my missus who thinks i am very sad !!

Come on the Town!

That is mighty impressive, as are your signings.

I assume you have a rich board?

I used to play Tamworth on previous versions, quickest I ever got to the Premiership was 8 years. I used to be able to get to the Championship in straight seasons, but I used to get bogged down there or fail to qualify through the play offs.

Be aware that you can enjoy success in your first season in the premiership because your reputation is so low that the other teams treat you as a push over and set up very attacking, allowing you to hit them on the break. As your reputation rises you will notice that the games get more difficult.

Nice one mate. I'd give the missus the spanish archer for the cheek of not understanding your glory. I wish I had that sort of patience, hopefully I can crack on with my Crewe Alexander team and use you as a point of reference.

I've had similar success with Lewes too! Started the save with Man Utd and got a bit bored with the challenges so I picked a random club from BS North/South and eventually picked Lewes, this was in 2020, and got promoted every season despite never winning the league.

Be aware that you can enjoy success in your first season in the premiership because your reputation is so low that the other teams treat you as a push over and set up very attacking, allowing you to hit them on the break. As your reputation rises you will notice that the games get more difficult.

I've never considered that, my second season with Lewes in the prem was fantastic as despite the odds were always against me, I finished second. I'm in the fourth year in prem now and it is indeed getting a bit more difficult to break in to top two again.

I am on the verge of taking Brackley to the Premiership after what I hope will be 6 promotions in 7 years (from Southern League Premier), this is undoubtably my finest ever achievement on CM/FM, so I share you excitement of such a fantastic achievement.

I had Harrogate save on FM08 and first season finished in playoffs then was promoted as champs finished th in BSP then think i lost in play offs and 09 came out so never played again but it has left me with a soft spot for them aswell as all the other lower league sides i led to glory (well sort of) :p

and as for the missus just ignore it she will never truly understand. Mine is quite tolerant and lets me talk football manager but everytime I do I can see in her eyes that she dies a little inside :D

it'll be 4 years together on tuesday but i cant help thinking we wouldnt have got there if I hadnt kept the fm obsession from her for the first 6 months or so (didnt live together then) :cool:

Congrats on getting to the Prem! I almost did the same but I got to the Championship play-offs with Rushden & Diamonds, but got knocked out by West Brom. Maybe next season for me!

How big is your stadium now?

Congratulation on your achievement. Last time I took a small club to Prem is in FM2008. Otherwise I lost patience after few seasons while at Championshp or League One.

But after a long time, I've just started a long-term game to achieve this feat again with Worcester.

Once again congrats on your patience.

Congrats on the achievement of getting all the way to the top. I know how hard it is to do as I did it with Boston Utd (took 20 years to get there) and it makes the game all the more satisfying when you do it with a small team.

Fair Enough Mate, just starting a career with Bath City on Football Manager 2008, i prefer the older ones. I find the best way for myself to enjoy the game is to build a team up of relativley youing players and watch them grow :) Good Luck With Harrogate

I am on the verge of taking Brackley to the Premiership after what I hope will be 6 promotions in 7 years (from Southern League Premier), this is undoubtably my finest ever achievement on CM/FM, so I share you excitement of such a fantastic achievement.

Quick update, finished 2nd in the Championship was 1 minute from the title, but Burnley scored in their game in injury time.

Getting a stadium expansion, but until March I will be limited to a 1700 ground in the Premier.

A tip for all you would be lower leaguers, scour the bosman and loan market, and try an upgrade your feeder clubs each season. I secured 6 promotions in 7 years, only failed in the Blue Square South at the first attempt, and in all my signings I only paid for 2, 1 for £4.5k, and 1 for £35K. Just been given £16million to spend in the Prem but want to carry on my ethos of bosman signings (or very cheap ones).

This has certainly been my best ever save on any FM/CM, and special thanks has to go out to Superbladesman.

Archived