Its Always Raining!!

I have noticed in my Everton game that its always raining!

Every game i have played since i have noticed its been raining and im talking like 16 games in a row in May, June and July!, weather bug :confused:

I really want to jump in here with it's your tactics!

But I notice the same thing. Lots of rain in Manchester during August/September and Mach/April

But it is typical in the fact it dosn't actually rain that much in the UK during the winter. Belfast recorded it's heaviest rainfall in 50 odd years in July in 2008 if I remember!

You should never be suprised it is always raining in manchester, it almost always always is when something is happening =P.

I noticed it too, but I think its probably more I don't notice when it isnt raining. Might do a little statistical analysis of this over the next week of games I play, will probably be suprised.

I dislike downpours, makes my team devoid of ability. Probably just want to go home tbh.

Sporadicsmiles: it would be very interesting to see the statistical data if you mapped down how many days of rain you had. Using the MetOffice webpage (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/2009/annual/averages.html) it should in NW England be a total of 176.40 rainy days per year. That means that around every other day is rainy. Looking at the BBC Weather Statistics (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT003820) for York (Ok, I know it's not exactly Manchester, but was the best I could find within reasonable distance), supports that around half of the days are rainy days with above 1mm downpour. I'm not sure, but I suspect you might find that it's not so far off actually. No matter: it will be interesting to see the result if you do some "rain-analysis"! Good luck and let us know what you find!

This has come up a lot. Can't really put stats forward (although I'm pretty sure the occasional 21c days in Britain in January aren't accurate), but as a Norwich season ticket holder we've had maybe 5 rainy home matches (and possibly 3 with snow) in 23 home games this season. I can normally get that many raining matches in March/April in FM. It trashes fitness and messes up passing tactics. Also, there should be far more postponed matches.

Ive previously noted bad weather in my spanish save in May, which is ridiculous really.

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. I can understand that there's a lot of rain in the Northern Parts of Euorpe and on the British Isles, but Spain? Spain surely should have far less rain, right? Well, I haven't bothered to write down how many rainy days I have on my spanish save yet, but I'm tempted. Leaning on the same sources as quoted above, Barcelona area has on average no single month with over 9 days of rain, which is about 1/3 of the month's days in total, at most! (source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT004270) I feel like i encounter much more rain in my matches, but haven't really gotten down to check the statistics yet. I might do that...

I'm not sure if there is just one weather model for England or not. It definately rains far too much when I'm managing Norwich. East Anglia is one of the driest places in Europe let alone the UK.

Those tables showing how many days it rained aren't that useful, the BBC counts 0.25mm of rain the Met Office 1mm, that is hardly any rain at all I doubt it normally takes more then 5 minutes for that much rain to fall. Certainly during the summer we have very short but very heavy downpours. So it hardly backs up it raining for 90mins, plus injury time, plus half time. Though I have seen an early January match played in sunny 26C heat, three days later it was -2C and frozen :eek:.

Those tables showing how many days it rained aren't that useful, the BBC counts 0.25mm of rain the Met Office 1mm, that is hardly any rain at all I doubt it normally takes more then 5 minutes for that much rain to fall.

Yeah that was actually some of my point. I would say from looking at those numbers, that that is _worst case_ scenario and we could realisticly expect to see it on less games since they take about 90 mins + OT + HT of the day and will in many cases not see rain even if it is recorded 1mm rain that day as it might have fallen before or after the match.

Well, I mapped down all of my home matches' weather in my Spanish save (Barcelona) and 12 out of 27 of my home games had rain. Roughly half. As I showed in my earlier link the Barcelona area has on average rain less than every 3rd day...

It would be interesting to see more numbers from different areas. (FYI: I just used the weather information in the fixture list for simplicity's sake)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure if there is just one weather model for England or not. It definately rains far too much when I'm managing Norwich. East Anglia is one of the driest places in Europe let alone the UK.

Clearly don't live here then, it's been raining non stop for about a month!!! ;~)

Clearly don't live here then, it's been raining non stop for about a month!!! ;~)

Hehe. I live in Rural Norfolk, not actually in Norwich. Though it's hardly rained for 2 hours straight every day for a month (Though it is September so what should we expect?), and you've posted on a day when I've spent most of it out in the sunshine :p (and Thursday was Sunny as well). Maybe 15-20 miles away it chucked it down :rolleyes:.

Haha, I don't live in Norwich either, live just outside Brandon, actually today wasn't too bad, but is spitting now. I don't think we've had a day for ages where it hasn't rained, either that or I have a raincloud that doesn't like me ;~).

I'm just noticed that this is happening in my game as Stockport. In every single game at home it rains. Away games are random but every home game it rains. I have even had matches called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

I'm really getting sick of this now.

I can't remember the last time I sat in the Cheadle End and it didn't rain! Remember the away end is uncovered too, so feel more sorry for them than you ;)

Stockport is a pretty wet place! Oh, and postponements aren't a surprise either. We get loads every season due to having the football league's worst pitch

It does rain a lot in my save, however it is England so it's not a major problem, but if i was playing in a country such as Spain or Mexico it would be more annoying.

I have seen a potential problem in one of the videos for FM11 and that is that the rain does not look as realistic as FM10 (remember the snow) and it is supposed to raining hard and there are still long shadows on the pitch as though the sun is out. I really hope this is work in progress as this would be really annoying if it is in the game.

I just checked my last three seasons as Bath in south England. It IS wet a lot, but probably nothing excessinve.

What is more impressive is the fact that in the last three seasons, I have had NO matches that were sunny.

The spread were as follows:

2011-12

Drizzle: 7

Dry: 19

Sunny: 0

Wet: 9

Breezy: 7

Gusty: 6

Shower: 6

Strong Wind: 3

Downpour: 2

2010-11

Drizzle: 12

Dry: 30

Wet: 5

Breezy: 5

Gusty: 6

Shower: 5

Strong Wind: 3

Downpour: 2

Gale : 1

2009-10

Drizzle: 7

Dry: 19

Wet: 5

Breezy: 7

Gusty: 2

Shower: 9

Strong Wind: 5

Downpour: 6

Sleet: 1

It does rain a lot in my save, however it is England so it's not a major problem, but if i was playing in a country such as Spain or Mexico it would be more annoying.

I have seen a potential problem in one of the videos for FM11 and that is that the rain does not look as realistic as FM10 (remember the snow) and it is supposed to raining hard and there are still long shadows on the pitch as though the sun is out. I really hope this is work in progress as this would be really annoying if it is in the game.

The snow looks fantastic in FM10. I've only ever seen it in one game, but I could hardly belive how good it was!

The snow looks fantastic in FM10. I've only ever seen it in one game, but I could hardly belive how good it was!

I dont know whats happened to my snow then, the flakes were massive, bigger than the players.

As it only snows about once a season, I can cope with it but the rain needs to be realistic as it obviously rains quite often

Archived