Is there a way to prevent injuries?

Hey,

I want to know a little more about injuries in FM. I'm playing FM 10 with the newest patch. During three seasons at PSV my team never suffered from longer injuries (at least 2 months) and my squad had maybe one minor injury a month - I was happy about it at that time.

But now I got to Man Utd where in my first season had at least 5-6 longer injuries (at least 2 months) and alot of "out for a couple of weeks". Rooney, Wilshere, Evans... Many of them got injured during September-April.

I want to know if there is something to do to prevent these injuries - small and big injuries? Or is this down to pure luck (assuming that the players are match fit) and the " hidden injury-frequency-attribute"?

Strength/Aerobic Training

How often & how long they are playing for

are the biggest contributors to injury status .. but theres still a massive random element.

When are they picking up these injuries, in training or during matches ?

If it's consistantly in training then reduce thier physical training, if it's mostly during matches then sub them when thier condition rating starts dropping a lot.

Ok, I have at least 4-4½ stars in all training categories.

It's during matches they pick up injuries! But I assume it's a random thing because I always look at they condition rating. But let's see how it goes next season :p

4-4.5 stars is the effectiveness of your coaches .. it has no bearing on training releated injuries.

overall training workload, and the intensity of Strength/Aerobic training do ...

As you move the physical category sliders to the right, the overall training workload increases, more so than with anyother training subcategory, Set Pieces has the lowest workload impact.

If you centre Strength/Aerobic (both on approx 10 clicks) it's pretty much the sweet spot for the workload intensity to injury ratio .. so if you want Strength on high (approx 15 clicks) you need to drop Aerobic to light (approx 5 clicks)

Marking, Closing Down, Mentality, Forward Runs, Tempo & Passing Style combine together to determine how much actual running about your players do on the pitch ... having 10 headless chickens is not a winning tactic.

Injuries are seemingly random. FMRTE is your only surefire bet.

yes there is a random element, but you can reduce the possibility of them happening

squad rotation, training, effective subbing all help reduce that chance.

note it's 'reduce' and not remove ....

Archived