Premier Leauge relegation campaign.

It's December. I'm managing a newly promoted team and I'm currently 18 at 14 points, no win in 9 matches :(

Played my offensive championship tactics at first, won a couple of games but then heavy defeats come. Tried to switch to defensive, got two 0-0 draws but then lost one game to a goal in 90th minute and the second one 2-0 due to my goalkeeper having a bad game. Not really sure it was worth it tbh.

What should I do at this point? Come january, I have at least 18 million pounds transfer budget, should I splash it out in a desperate attempt of getting some Premiership-level players, or just accept the inevitable and save the money? Should I keep searching for right tactics or stick to one and hope for the best?

It's December. I'm managing a newly promoted team and I'm currently 18 at 14 points, no win in 9 matches :(

Played my offensive championship tactics at first, won a couple of games but then heavy defeats come. Tried to switch to defensive, got two 0-0 draws but then lost one game to a goal in 90th minute and the second one 2-0 due to my goalkeeper having a bad game. Not really sure it was worth it tbh.

What should I do at this point? Come january, I have at least 18 million pounds transfer budget, should I splash it out in a desperate attempt of getting some Premiership-level players, or just accept the inevitable and save the money? Should I keep searching for right tactics or stick to one and hope for the best?

Continually switching tactics is a recipe for disaster IMO. Stick to one and give your players time to learn it so they can play to the best of their abilities within the system.

And like Slawbawn said, bolster your defence, starting with the keeper if your current first choice isn't up to it.

Continually switching tactics is a recipe for disaster IMO. Stick to one and give your players time to learn it so they can play to the best of their abilities within the system.

And like Slawbawn said, bolster your defence, starting with the keeper if your current first choice isn't up to it.

This is so true, certain positions in my tactic take a while getting used to. Even the star players, Robinho, Aguero etc struggle to make 6.0 at first, but after adjusting to the new acquired position, they do rather well. A couple of strong centre backs, and consider using the wing-back option, it works quite well for me.

its your tactics....lol...just kidding...

if it were me i would usually try and look for some quality players at low prices...take a bit of time and scour the transfer market...for me the best way i find building a squad is to creat a spine in the team...what i mean by that is

quality goalkeeper - someone sturdy who doesnt make many mistakes

strong center back - someone with good taackling composure and someone who will stick it in the stand if he has to

bossing midfield - someone with a roy keane mindset...box to box player who can defend and score...someone who can change a game

prowling striker - someone who is quick but stron and will have no fear of shooting at any oppertunity

once you have a good spine you can usually build the team around that and even though it may take a while (granted even time back in a lower division) you will build a strong team and once re****s start going your way you should start playing well...

and as robzilla says...changing your tactics often will result in players not knowing what to to and also becoming unhappy...they wont know what frmation to use...pick one formation and make small tweeks to it...slight changes will not affect players as much as it would if you played 4-4-2 in one game 4-5-1 in the next and 4-3-3 in the third...theres no stability in your style of play so theres no stability in your team...

thats what ive found anyway...i may be wrong but each to their own

Having the same trouble. I think unless you really know your stuff like CLEON then you may struggle. Just stick to being defensive and get points off the weaker teams by going on the attack. I've got about 8 games to go and hopefully I can beat the worse off teams otherwise I'm doomed. Sometimes best to be back in the championship and then build up a strong team in that division.

Archived