Need advice on switching clubs and bringing your players along

Throughout my CM/FM careers I've never switched clubs. I've always played any one career with a single club and then would simply start a new game if I grew tired of the club I was currently managing. However, this time, instead of starting a whole new game, I'd like to simply try going to a different club while remaining in the same career.

Now my question for those who have experience with this is what would be the best way of also bringing some of the players with you to the new club? Would it be best to put the players on transfer list before switching and then simply buying them, or should I give those players new contracts with small release clauses, and then buy them that way? Which would be the easiest and cheapest approach?

Throughout my CM/FM careers I've never switched clubs. I've always played any one career with a single club and then would simply start a new game if I grew tired of the club I was currently managing. However, this time, instead of starting a whole new game, I'd like to simply try going to a different club while remaining in the same career.

Now my question for those who have experience with this is what would be the best way of also bringing some of the players with you to the new club? Would it be best to put the players on transfer list before switching and then simply buying them, or should I give those players new contracts with small release clauses, and then buy them that way? Which would be the easiest and cheapest approach?

The cheapest (and cheat-iest!) way would be to get them on new contracts with small release clauses but this is highly dubious and totally unrealistic, because IRL the board would never allow it.

The proper way to do it would be to simply attempt to buy the players when you are at your new club.

In either case, there is no guarantee that they will want to join your new club but if they have you as one of their favoured personnel, it will help.

Transfer listing them might help but I would imagine the new manager would take them off the list sharpish if he thought they were any good.

usually if you were a big hit at your previous club which is a lower reputed club than your new club, there might be players who would have listed you as favoured personnel. There might also be a few disgruntled players who want to leave the club to "further their career" These are the guys, the latter ones, who will be available most easily. And in order to do business cheaply get it sorted asap. I did it when I quit Leverkusen to take over from Fergie @ United. I had defeated United at CL finals and I had Adler moaning the whole second half of the season about wanting to leave. So, immediately after joining United, mind you even before Gill introduces me, I have made a bid for Adler and Renato Augusto... And both bids were accepted and iirc, I was talking to the players about contracts even before Leverkusen had managed to hire a manager.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm currently managing Hearts in Scotland, so they are a somewhat low reputation club, even though I've been very dominant in the league. My next destination would preferably be Dortmund, as I've never managed them before, and I want to awaken a sleeping giant. Plus they are terrible in the Bundesliga at the moment under Mathias Sammer's management. Also, Chelsea (currently 17th in EPL) just sacked their manager and I am in pole position to get that job as well according to the media.

There are some very good players on my current team, mostly Brazilians, as they're the only good players that were willing to come to Hearts. Some of them I would definitely want at my next club.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm currently managing Hearts in Scotland, so they are a somewhat low reputation club, even though I've been very dominant in the league. My next destination would preferably be Dortmund, as I've never managed them before, and I want to awaken a sleeping giant. Plus they are terrible in the Bundesliga at the moment under Mathias Sammer's management. Also, Chelsea (currently 17th in EPL) just sacked their manager and I am in pole position to get that job as well according to the media.

There are some very good players on my current team, mostly Brazilians, as they're the only good players that were willing to come to Hearts. Some of them I would definitely want at my next club.

You should have no problem attracting Hearts players to Dortmund!

You should have no problem attracting Hearts players to Dortmund!

Yeah I have no doubt except that they're all in high demand by other clubs. The only advantage I have is that all of them have me as favorite personnel.

Archived