regens never improving physically

in about 4 seasons at united with the best youth academy and 7 star coaching all across the board I'm still not seeing any of my young stars come through with balanced attributes physically. strikers with low pace, defenders with low strength, midfielders with poor stamina pace etc is not on!

I understand young players with low statss physically but they need to develop these they get older and I have yet to see this happen!! I found a french youngster labelled the next zidane who had a 4 for strength and stamina and with 3 years gone by that stat has went up to 6!! A world class midfielders with stmina of 4 at 21 dosnt sound likely

Am I the only one seeing this or is there a surefire way to develop these stats?

as thyey get older

I

in about 4 seasons at united with the best youth academy and 7 star coaching all across the board I'm still not seeing any of my young stars come through with balanced attributes physically. strikers with low pace, defenders with low strength, midfielders with poor stamina pace etc is not on!

I understand young players with low statss physically but they need to develop these they get older and I have yet to see this happen!! I found a french youngster labelled the next zidane who had a 4 for strength and stamina and with 3 years gone by that stat has went up to 6!! A world class midfielders with stmina of 4 at 21 dosnt sound likely

Am I the only one seeing this or is there a surefire way to develop these stats?

as thyey get older

I

To gain more ability you need to play them regularly, play in high Reputation Competitions/Matches, and achieve good ratings.

Players will not improve much if you do not "risk" them in first team action, so if you are waiting for them to improve before you play them you will be waiting forever.

That right there is the most fundamental and common problem people have with youth development. They wait for them to improve before playing them, without realising that the only way they will improve is to play tougher matches.

That might not be your problem, but it is the common problem.

well I can't really justify playing a player with 4 or 5 stamina, or 6 pace or rediciolous stats like that! The idea of extensive training sounds good but my worries there then is that my players become physical beasts whilst others in game are pjtsicallly lacking

well I can't really justify playing a player with 4 or 5 stamina, or 6 pace or rediciolous stats like that! The idea of extensive training sounds good but my worries there then is that my players become physical beasts whilst others in game are pjtsicallly lacking

The justification is that he needs first team action to improve.

SFraser has given you the answer to your problem, don't just dismiss it.

have him on the bench and put him on if you are winning comfortably, loaning him out is another answer.

Pace will never increase that much anyway in my experience and with starting physical stats like that they will never be that high, probably 10-12

I didn't wanna seem very ignoarant to the reply of SFraser there. I just read his post about schedules in the training forum and have so far gotten through the first 3 pages and have learned alot and am going to give them a try.

His schedules and giving players the odd 20-30 minute run out or lower cup matches might be all well and good but is it going to make much more difference in compared to regular football in a division lower.

Thanks for the replies so far, coupled with the posts in SFRasers schedle thread in training discussion I'm learning alot about development! Just hope now that whilst my players develop they don't become much more developed than other in game regens thus making the game too easy :s

Archived