How to play in Windowed mode on a T.V.?

So basically I'm playing through my laptop but since I cracked my laptops screen i've had to connect my TV to the laptop to use as a monitor. I loaded FM up and tried to change to windowed mode but there was no option for it, so I'm pretty sure I need to "force" FM to load windowed.

I've done a few google searchs and found that you can do this by editting the football manager shortcut and adding a command to the Target. I've tried numerous options and everytime I load up the shortcut it takes me straight to full screen. So my question is what is the ACTUAL line I should be adding to the end of the target line? (my most recent attempt was --small_screen --windowed but got me nowhere).

I am running Windows 7 and running FM through the DVD if that makes a difference. Also any other methods for getting FM to run in windowed mode would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Right click on your FM desktop shortcut and select properties. Click on shortcut and in the target box add -windowed -small_screen to the end so that it look like this

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

Click on apply then reboot then when you startup FM it should be in windowed mode.

Right click desktop -> screen resolution .. make the tv the active display.. close and start FM again.

voalah you can now put fm in window mode and resize the window to.

also.. FM resolution cant be bigger then the screen resolution.

Trekman & Hannan: Tried both of yours but still no luck, just loads in full screen.

viiralx: I have no idea how to make the TV screen my active one; when I open screen resolution in "Display" I have 1. Mobile PC display, and 2. Generic Non-PnP Monnitor (which is my main display), then there's multiple displays. I don't really know what i'm doing though.

Thankyou all for the help though, maybe I'm doomed to play in full screen (or maybe a sign I should be doing Uni work instead of playing FM!).

Ofc if your main display is turned off and your tv is only active it wont show up.

have you tried CTRL + ENTER ingame?

15hh4t0.png

Not sure if this will work, but right click your FM icon on your desktop, and click properties.

Click the short cut tab, and click the drop down box labelled "Run". You should have three options, try each of those three and see if any work.

Archived