Is it possible to become an Under-21 manager?

I have tried searching for this question in the forums but either the search function fails or it tells me everything except for the word 'manager' is too common to be included in the search.

Basically my question is simple - is it possible to become either an international Under-21 or Under-19 (or equivalent) manager through general gameplay?

I've tried many different ways of making myself as available as possible for the jobs, by signing plenty of young players and then developing them myself, or buying a lot of players from the nation I'm managing in. However, no matter what I try I never seem to be considered! This prompted me to think that maybe it wasn't possible, due to complications in the game code or something clever like that.

So can anyone shed any light on this? Is it possible? If so, then what sort of things should I try to make myself a prime contender for the job? Answers or links to another thread on a postcard please!

It is a good stepping stone, I was England U21 manager for a few years and got offered loads of main team jobs in that time, I eventually got offered the England Job. I doubt I would of been offered it with out being the U21 manager in the first place.

yep, you can be it from the start by going to the nation and going to the under-whatever you want squad and take control

or keep an eye out in the job adverts.

aqlso if you have been an international manager before, all job changes come into the news filter i think

Managing in the French National league (3rd tier), but was outright invited to take the U21 job for Kazakhstan. They must have been desperate. It paid off for me as I was introduced to a good fullback that I signed to my club roster.

Archived