So Damn Close!

Ah the closest I ever come on CM/FM to winning the Premier League.

closestevercome.jpg

I had to win the last game and hope Tottenham lost. Unfortunately I had to play Man Utd and lost to a goalkeeping blunder in the 85th minute. The goal was more Wimbledon then Man Utd, their keeper lumped the ball down the field my keeper missed it and their striker scored. Tottenham won so it was academic in the end, but it cost me second place don't know how Burnley did it I put 8 past them in the two matches :confused:.

Quite proud my team is only decent, mid table at best with an outstanding keeper. If my strikers, all three of them, hadn't of had their heads turned by Chelsea and Man City in January and got the hump when I refused to sell I might of won. Still the closest i have ever got to the title, I hate those boring midtable obscurity seasons so I normally give up and move on. Still got the cup final to play, Tottenham again, might win if my players stop getting injured.

Doubt it. Two of the Strikers now want out of the club, board are trying to sell up so I'm getting transfer embargos every couple of months. I currently need a Defensive Minded Midfielder and a backup, two new Strikers, and a backup Left Midfielder, and replacements for whoever decides to join a bigger club when the transfer window opens. I'll be surprised if I keep my job until the end of next season.

Lost the Cup Final one nil as well :rolleyes:. At least I have won the FA cup once before, back in the CM days, probably 00/01.

Archived