How can I...

...teach my team to exploit these situations? :-D

howcani1.jpg

howcani2.jpg

howcani3.jpg

Isn't there a rule that says play to you hear the referees whistle?^^

howcani4.jpg

(Not that I'm complaining regarding to this incident, I'm playing as Barnet :-P)

Lucky you. (I bought a dirty version :()

The game takes advantage of this most of the time against me. I've conceded like 10 goals because they literally beat up my players... (since 10.3 nearly all my injuries are during matches... nearly 0 in training sessions lol)

Also love that when my players are in the same situation they throw the ball away, even when they are inside the box... They don't wanna win 4-0 in a "dirty" way or something? :rolleyes: I might win (by a crappier margin) but it's pure stupidity lol..

There should be an option to tell them not to. Some teams just don't have any "fair play" (or just aren't naive :p) in them..

Also an option to tell the players to force a yellow card so that they don't miss an important game would be nice... :D

Some teams just don't have any "fair play" (or just aren't naive :p) in them..

Also an option to tell the players to force a yellow card so that they don't miss an important game would be nice... :D

I have doubts about SI Games ever consider those types of request, given they seem to make a game that promotes "good" football ("let's kick racism out of football" is a fine example, I think).

So, to allow a player to "play dirty" and get benefits from it sounds like it might raise some concerns, at the very least, on how to approach it.

Now, at this point, the religious FM fanboys might jump up like bunnies and scream "but FM is about realism!!!111!!" to which I'd say "stop embarassing yourselves". FM is a videogame and, try as you might, that's what it will always be. There are just some things that will NEVER be done, even if they are present in real life, because that's not the goal of the game (keyword here being: game).

That's why it annoys me when people are against the inclusion of ideas that go slightly beyond cookie-cutter management (having a say in sponsorship comes to mind), under the excuse that it's doesn't happen (or at least not in british football).

If I start a game in FM with "real names" turned off... does it make it more realistic? No... I still can, though. And that's good if that's the kind of fun I'm looking for.

Is taking over Manchester United, as my first ever job as manager, with Sunday Footballer experience... realistic? No, but I still can.

That said, should we have the option to give our teams's instructions to play dirty? I think so... but, given the considerations mentioned above, probably with penalties for when caught doing so repeatedly (warnings, fines, bad rep for the team and/or manager, players disliking you and wanting to leave or refusing to comply, etc). In short, you'd have to deal with the responsability of going down that route.

I believe it would add more depth and probably bring out the personalities of players a bit more in the game (Determined and Ambitious more willing to play dirty, while Professional might develop a slight concern but avoid the media fuss, etc)

Just my twenty cents...

Archived