The SOK Bumper Commentary Pack 2010

*** FOR THE LATEST RELEASE OF THIS FILE PLEASE SEE http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219988-The-SOK-Bumper-Commentary-Pack-***-New-Update-31-07-10-***

The SOK Bumper Commentary Pack 2010

Version 2 released with over 3,500 lines of new commentary!

:eek:

*** VERSION 2 RELEASED 18th JUNE 2010 ***

Thanks to the hard work of Ksera and Seafire we can today release version 2 of the SOK Bumper Commentary Pack with close to double the amount of lines in the original.

Just to give you a taster of some of the Event we have added more variety too :

* Amazing Comebacks

* Sending Off's

* Questionable decisions and other controversies

* Debut Goals

* Shocking performances

* Changes in formation

* Dribbling and Skills

And much more...

All the download links below have been updated. Download, enjoy and let us know what you think. :)

See the bottom of this post for installation instructions.

Version 2 Download links

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8LC794LF

http://www.mediafire.com/?jt4zmxlgkzm

http://www.filefront.com/16793119/Sok%20events%20v2.rar

For the latest news on the SOK Commentary Pack email EatMySok@hotmail.co.uk with the words ‘Sign up’ in the subject header. We’ll keep you updated with the latest news and future release dates. You can remove yourself from our mailing list at any time.

We would love your feedback and suggestions.

From the team that brought you the KROL commentary file back in 2005 comes a brand new commentary pack for Football Manager 2010.

Just to refresh your memory, the 2007 KROL file was developed over several years and included the work of the legendary Taipan. After we were contacted by Sports Interactive, parts of the file were later implemented in Football Manager 2006. This year, we decided to bring the team back and work on a brand new commentary file, an aspect of the game which we feel has been a bit too generic and repetitive over the last few years. Initially, we had problems with the pack but with the help of Seafire - whose new addition to the team came as a blessing in disguise - we were able to overcome these problems and successfully implement around 2000 modified commentary lines which we hope will enhance your gaming experience. These lines have been thoroughly tested and there have been no reported problems. The new modifications to the commentary file include the following:

* More goal celebrations

* More in game comments involving the managers

* More in game comments involving the players

* More lines creating larger sense of drama for different occasions ie comebacks, winning a trophy/title

* Improved media references

* and much more....

Please be aware that this pack has been designed for English commentary only and will not work for any other languages. Our main aim is to ultimately change every line of SI's original commentary, along with as many alternatives as we can in an attempt to provide the fans with as less repetitive a gaming experience as possible for each game. We would welcome your feedback and in the meantime we will be starting work on Version 2.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Find the ’events’ file on your hard drive by going to 'My Computer' and opening the C: drive. Depending what, if any, update you’ve installed the path will be something like:

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/data/updates/update-1030/data/events

Or for Steam users:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\data\events

Unzip the ‘events’ file in this download and simply replace the one in this folder. You might want to back it up first.

Don’t replace ‘match_sounds’.

If you have any problems please email EatMySok@hotmail.co.uk and we’ll do our best to help.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am downloading now, looking forward to using it :)

For anyone wondering where the steam directory is, on mine its :-

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\data\events

My bad.Downloaded. File named 495.zip right?

Hmm... Should be called 'events' not 495.

You can check you've got the right file by opening it in Notepad. You'll see the name at the top.

If it's changed name you'll need to rename it 'events' before it will work.

Is anyone else having problems trying to download this?

This is what i get when i try and download it from both sites-

Sortitoutsi - The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

FM-Base - _POMPEY657_, you do not have permission to access this page.

EDIT--- Forget that, the link that DivineOne posted works a treat..

Just had my first match with this commentary, and already loving the changes made..

Cheers for this Jolly Oli, its much appreciated :)

And for steam users using the 10.3 patch, this is the correct path-

samb,

If you've got the boxed version and the latest patch go to:

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/data/updates/update-1030/data/events

and replace the 'events' file with the download (you'll need to unzip the download first).

Or for Steam:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\events

Nothing is changed. Maybe because I'm using a soundpack?

Um... are you the Tactical Genius?

I haven't tried it with a soundpack. I'd have thought if anything it would affect the soundpack rather than the other way round.

Just had my first match with this commentary, and already loving the changes made..

Cheers for this Jolly Oli, its much appreciated :)

And for steam users using the 10.3 patch, this is the correct path-

Thanks. :thup:

It was me, kserasera and Seafire. As I said somewhere else Seafire has put so much effort into it in recent weeks including a total rewrite of the file to get rid of the error message we were getting. He's been superb and has meant we could release it today.

I have:

crash dumps

db

editor data

filters

games

matches

skins

sounds

tactics

It sound like you've gone through My Documents instead of My Computer. Are you using Windows? If so try to get to my computer through the start menu and go to the C drive from there.

Hey Guys hope you all enjoy this ! - Don't forget to mail us at the above address (top post) for any more information on future releases. Look forward to receiving your feedback and suggestions, which we will take onboard for future releases.

Was up playing this all night. Great new lines and variety. No array access out of bounds errors like that other commentary file I downloaded, This gets a big thumbs up from me. Great work.

Cheers Super Spurs. Glad you are enjoying it !!

The Steam path is a bit different:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\events

Not sure if it changes depending what update you have... It might be something like:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\events <<< but I'm not too sure about this not having Steam.

Do you have a soundpack installed?

Archived