Option to add additional leagues/nations once the game has already started

Would it be possible for SI to implement something in future versions of FM which allow you to add leagues or nations that you havn't originally loaded at the start of the save?

E.g. You play 2 season in England, you want to manage in Spain but havn't uploaded Spain, you can select to add Spain instead of starting a new save and losing your progress.

I posted a reply in the OTF thread for some reason but I'll just copy & paste what I put:

It may be something to do with identifying a database to load for a specific league? As the databases set are for the first season if you got to 2020 and decided to load up the Argentinian league, what players would be loaded and how would it go about including histories for competitions, players etc? The way around that for me would be to just flood the league with Regens/Newgens but it may be much easier said than done.

But that also may not be the reason behind it, I'm just shooting in the dark :D

The game generates full statistics for the leagues you run automatically. If you then want to add a league that hasnt been originally selected, there would be little statistical/player history detail and SI have siad that it is not practical to try and generate this in mid game.

Archived