[PSP] Wage Budget Slashed after Promotion to Premier League!!

Hi,

I feel cheated, I've just been promoted to the premier league, and far from seeing an increase in transfer & wage budget thanks to all the TV wind-fall etc, I've had my max wage bill substantially REDUCED, and worse still my maximum individual wage almost HALFED, with next to no increase in transfer budget!

I feel robbed, as I worked hard to get Middlesbrough promoted after two seasons. I've had to sell half a dozen players just to claw back enough cash to transfer back into my wage fund, and have had to loan out highly paid players - I now only have one 1st team goalie and have a reserve keeper on my squad sheet. When the loans expire i'm going to be in trouble again.

Worst of all, the maximum allowable wage is now halfed, meaning that I can't negotiate reasonable wages with my existing players over the next two seasons, meaning that however well i do i'm doomed to lose my best players.

After the first season when I failed to get promoted from the championship I might have deserved this punishment, but no, wage & transfer funds stayed the same. So WHY WHY WHY has this happened now? it's so unfair after all those careful transfers, just to see millions of pounds go up in smoke when really I should be getting MORE money to play with after exceeding the board's challenge and winning automatic promotion. What's supposed to have happened to all the Premier League Riches? How am I supposed to retain let alone attract any really world class talent for 15k, when other premiership teams are paying 110k/wk to certain players?

Can someone explain what has happened and why the game has done this to me?

Here are approx numbers for the record:

Season 1 (Champ'shp): Transfer Budget 1.1M, Max wage 27K, Wage budget 330 k/wk

Season 2 (Champ'shp): Transfer Budget +1M extra, Max wage 27K, Wage budget 330 k/wk

Season 3 (Champ'shp): Transfer Budget +0.55M extra, Max wage 15K, Wage budget 209 k/wk

Cheers

I can confirm this, in about 2019, I had a decent season by my Livingstons standard, winning the SPL and League Cup, reaching the finals of the Scottish Cup and Champions League. I ALWAYS have a huge amount of unused wage budget, and I spend about half of my budget and put it in wages to keep the club financially happy...and the board. I go into the next season expecting a cut in my transfer money as I lost the CL final, which obviously would play a big part, but hugely over my wage budget? ridiculous. The board are quick to say they want action taken with the wage budget and say they're dissapointed with me. Yeah, I bring you from Scottish 3rd Division to CL winning side and you **** around with my budget? I nearly left....

[/rant]

• SI Staff

Can you indicate what your clubs financial state is in both cases please? - if your club is in financial trouble that'll probably explain a fair bit of things ....

Financially we were fine, the season before they gave me a bucketload to spend and I poured over half of it into wages, the fact that I had so much excess money in their was annoying when I found it had dissapeared.

• SI Staff
Financially we were fine, the season before they gave me a bucketload to spend and I poured over half of it into wages, the fact that I had so much excess money in their was annoying when I found it had dissapeared.

Was this 'bucketload' from a specific investment or did it happen naturally? (just trying to ascertain the cause so I can ensure its not something which will be an issue in next years version).

Hi

TO answer about whether club was in financial trouble: no, we were in no financial trouble at all, wage budget was comfortably under the threshold, board were happy finances wise, and i had over a million in the bank from player sales. The wage budget slash was out of the blue.

HOWEVER - i can now tell you i've finished the season - kept my head above water by selling a load of older, high-wage players and loaning others out, managed to do well and clinch the last Europa league spot, and now lo and behold, all the untold premier league riches have finally come my way! I've got a wage budget of 525k [minimum allowed], max wage of 60k, and nearly 11 million transfer budget, [after reducing the wage amount!]

More money than i know what to do with!

So it's all good in the end, but to be honest it was unrealistic that i had a financial panic when just promoted to the premier league, might want to get the developers to look at that.

Cheers

Archived