Man City - broken?

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I have only played two careers with FM2010, but with both, but especially my latest one, Man City are ridiculously good on it.

I am currently playing as Fulham, and am in second place, chasing City. However, City haven't lost in well over 60 games (im nearing the end of the 2014/2015 season, and they haven't lost since the second game of the 2013/2014 season)

Now, I'm aware that this isn't impossible in real life, i.e Arsenal a few years back, but I am beginning to wonder whether they are unbeatable on this. I have only lost one game all season (to Man City, thanks to a dodgy penalty award "Did that penalty look a bit harsh?" - rage!) with only 4 draws - I am having the season of my life, and I am still behind them by a point!

I'm a veteran at FM, and know that normally various clubs have spells of dominance and then fade away (United have financial bother, Chelsea always buy ridiculously expensive but crap players, and Arsenal insist on playing poor youngsters) but City aren't looking like fading ever! and I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and what the general consensus is? My last career was with Stockport County, so I didn't pay any attention to the Prem, and I'm wondering whether its going to be the case forever that if i lose 2 games in a season, I can kiss the title goodbye?

Man City are overrated IMO - not becasue they can buy lots of pretty good players - becasue they buy a few but not as many as they can. Its players like Adebayor that are too good and IRL this is not the case. And they just seem to play really well and hammer teams. But FM can only reflect real life so much and as a result a good team IRL can become world beater in the space of a couple of years in FM.

But on a positive note its great competition and make FM alot harder which can be seen as a good thing!

But having said that they are very much beatable!!!! You are only as good as your opposition allows you to be! ;)

The results wary every game. Some teams might get extremely good on one save and disappoint on other, i.e. in my current game Tottenham is now a regular Top 4 side.

as they should be!

spurs are also a top 4 side on my current save with Luton, 3 seasons in, they have won the league twice finishing 2nd the other season.

On my current save I'm not playing in the EPL, but thought I'd check how they are doing out of curiousity from reading your post. They definately are a new top 4 team, but in the 5 seasons I have played they have finnished 3rd, 7th, 2nd, 3rd and 2nd in the EPL. In the ECC they haven't made it past the quarter finals and in the EURO Cup their greatest achievment is loosing the final in 2011. On this save they seem cursed rather than unbeatable. Interestingly enough Mancini who got fired right away in 2010 has since taken over Arsenal after Wenger retired in 2012 and they were the team that beat City to the title last season. Talk about sour grapes ...

EDIT: So far on my save the winners of the EPL are Chelsea, Man Utd, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. No big surprises there.

Only had one save. Now upto 2013/14.

Tottenham have one 2 out of 4 EPLs. Man City are pretty much doing what they're doing in real-life. Just a tad better, think they've muscled in on the 'Big 3' now. Actually, yes, they have, coz Chelsea are mid-table team. No real signings, aging squad. Love it.

Well Man City have a huge spending power in the game and this is to be expected. However the AI teams sometimes spend lots of money on players that simply aren't that good and this is a big problem. It seems on your save the AI manager has made the right signings and is dominating the league because of that. Unrealistic? Yes I guess so but thats how the game seems to be working.

Can you post screenies of the signings they have made or maybe give us their starting 11?

Tottenham seem to do too well in my games. Man City are doing well, but I am managing them so that is expected!

Ya they often win the league in second season or come second in my games. Possibly a sign of things to come IRL too.

Tottenham seem to do too well in my games. Man City are doing well, but I am managing them so that is expected!

Yeah, Spurs won the league in the first season on my current save!

did a save where i was chelsea and man city finished

2009-10 - 3rd

2010-11 - 4th

2011-12- 2nd

2012-13- 3rd.......plus in all these season they won 1 FA cup and 1 LEAGUE CUP ....so not that good

but i have a great save wit Sampdoria and noticed the man city are amazing in this save,

2009-10 - 5th but won the FA cup

2010-11 - 3rd won the UEFA CUP

2011-12- 1st and won the champion league and FA cup !!!!

and so far in the 2012-13 the top clear by 8 points

Man city have always been in and out of Champions League places during my seven year spell in the Premier League(2016-2023).

I find them hardest to beat, must admit, but definitely not unbeatable

Man City have never finished outside of the top four on my game. Won the league three times, but looks like they will finish 5th or 6th this season 202/23. The AI is still poor at squad building. It's got better over the years but it is still no match for a semi-decent player. It still generally needs to buy 9-10 players to find a couple of good ones, and Man City obviously have the money to do that from the start of the game.

I've actually found them the easiest of the "big" clubs to beat since I hit the Premier League. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, aren't the forces they were (Liverpool are just hanging on) but they often thrashed me in my first three seasons. Man City seemed a bit easier, and but for one player they would of never beaten me. Damn you Diego Brighi!

Not always. In my game, while City has beaten my now-strong Hull in almost all matches (And keeps doing that, since I'm no longer there). However, they keep making dissapointing seasons (They won two Champions League, though)... I mean, they have more than enough to win a league easily, but they haven't done that yet (In 2010/2011 they didn't become champions because they were first with Chelsea, and the last match was between them... and Chelsea won 5-0)

Now, their team is filled with excellent but old players, and they are getting weaker and weaker (But now-Martin O'Neill's Hull keeps losing against them)

Archived