Substitutions

Do people use their substitutes? The reason I ask is because I very rarely make any subs during a game, the only time I do is either when a player is injured or if a player is playing really rubbish.

Wow, like robertcornell68 I make substitutions every single game, usually using all 3 of them.

Even if it is only to give a young player some match experience or to run the clock down when I am winning.

I always throw on a fresh pair of legs to run at any opposition player who is looking tired. SO if their left back is on low condition then I put on a fresh wide right player to take him on and exploit him being cream crackered.

I use all subs for the sake of giving game-time to as many players as possible (my squad is far too large lol)

And also to try and keep some of my top players from getting too tired (very essential when they are getting older)

i always use subs

if losing then its to replace players who are playing poorly,

if winning handily, then its to keep the star players fresh for the next game, and get a young or lesser used player some game experience/match fitness

if its tied or winning a close tough game, then its to get fresh legs on the field, or a someone into the game to make something happen

i always use subs

if losing then its to replace players who are playing poorly,

if winning handily, then its to keep the star players fresh for the next game, and get a young or lesser used player some game experience/match fitness

if its tied or winning a close tough game, then its to get fresh legs on the field, or a someone into the game to make something happen

This :thup: and I always use all my subs.

Usually always make 3 substitutions - I can always make my team defensively better when winning and I have options to mix-and-match things. For example, sticking my full-backs on the wing is a good way of closing out the game as all they do is hassle and foul wingers and full-backs.

how can you NOT make subs? its part and parcel of the game...throw on fresh legs to run at a tiring defence, give a younger player a run out, try a new approach if your finding it hard to break down a defence, rest an important player? there are lots of reasons why you should make subs...

to not make any subs, to me presonally is kinda abserd...

Usually 3 players get subbed on for me, around the 70 minute mark, when they get tired. It's a good change to get the youngfellas some game time if we're winning aswell :D

I use all subs for the sake of giving game-time to as many players as possible (my squad is far too large lol)

And also to try and keep some of my top players from getting too tired (very essential when they are getting older)

same here.

Do people use their substitutes? The reason I ask is because I very rarely make any subs during a game, the only time I do is either when a player is injured or if a player is playing really rubbish.

I didn't use to that much. But then when my assistants said we were conceding most of our goals between the 75th and 90th minute because players were tired, I realised they probably had a point. I started making subs, and stopped conceding late goals.

Assistant managers aren't alwasy useless. :thup:

I use all 3 subs and don't care about being one player down in the last 20 minutes or so.

I however since FM08 I need to pause the game to make subs or I'm likely to get it wrong, because as I see the clock passing by and try to do it as fast as i can and end up screwing up.

However if this subs are like this, my question, why does the clock stops when is serious injury? If they put the clock passing in normal subs, so would be the the same when we get serious injury, in the name of realism.

Archived