reserve teams

Is there anyway of having a reserve team for a side in the MLS? I am managing New England and have a Guatemalan feeder club that it says players can move freely but I can only suggest season long loans. my problem is that i have had to loan my 3rd choice keeper out to make sure I have 24 man squad but didnt want to waiver my keeper as good young prospect. now my 2nd choice has got injured for 5 weeks. i have two options recall keeper and de-register injured keeper but then whens hes fit i wont be able to loan 3rd choice out again or run the risk of having no keeper on the bench

If you're already past the squad registration date (usually in early March) you can safely de-register a player without waiving them. I guess it's a bug, but it is nice for building some squad depth. For instance, in my Toronto FC game I start with one player injured until August or so, and one player on loan until August 1. When they become eligible for my squad I can either swap them in and unregister another player, or just leave them unregistered. They don't get waived, however. They won't be able to play in MLS games, but are available for Champion's League (and US Cup, I believe.)

I created a Canadian tournament to take advantage of this fact, so now I load up on youth players (another bug- Toronto FC can purchase 15 year-olds from Canadian teams, including those that play in the US) and loan them out until after the squad registration deadline. I then call them back in and let them play in the domestic/continental competitions to gain experience and train with the first team.

I suppose you could always create a reserve league in the editor, too...

Archived