Noooooo!! What the hell do I do now??

After 3 years at villa iv made them champions and just won the europa league. iv sold a load of players but now when iv come to register players for europe it says i dont have enough players trained by club. need 4. only got two. i cant skip past as it has to be responded! Ideas??

The game needs to explain it better.

Definitely does! I think a warning message from the assistant manager would be good as well, if you're running low of first team players to satisfy the rule.

I think there should be a news item at the first day of every season telling you how many first team players you have for both european competitions and for the over-21 squad registration where applicable really. This would help keep you in the loop so you don't end up just discovering this on registration days. It could also tell you how many years until certain players are classed as homegrown.

How do managers deal with this in real life? Surely they can't say to UEFA "We're just naming 23 players this year because we're 2 short of the quota"?

I'm well aware of this workaround, but it must be a bug/glitch (whatever you want to call it), and should be fixed, even if it means players have to name a couple of youngsters from their U18 squads.

I think there should be a news item at the first day of every season telling you how many first team players you have for both european competitions and for the over-21 squad registration where applicable really. This would help keep you in the loop so you don't end up just discovering this on registration days. It could also tell you how many years until certain players are classed as homegrown.

There is, on the exact same day that they update the coefficents and announce the club rankings, doesn't happen when you are starting a game though.

How do managers deal with this in real life? Surely they can't say to UEFA "We're just naming 23 players this year because we're 2 short of the quota"?

That's pretty well exactly what happens:

17.12 If a club has fewer than six locally trained players in its squad (i.e. in places

20 to 25 on List A), then the maximum number of players on List A is

reduced accordingly. Furthermore, if a club lists a player in places 20 to 25

on List A who does not fulfil the conditions set out in this article, that player is

not eligible to participate for the club in the UEFA club competition(s) in

question and the club is unable to replace him on List A.

(from the current Champions League regulations)

If you're two players shy of the quota, then your quota is reduced to 23 players rather than 25 and remains at 23 until the end of the competition.

I'm well aware of this workaround, but it must be a bug/glitch (whatever you want to call it), and should be fixed, even if it means players have to name a couple of youngsters from their U18 squads.

No, this is how it works irl too.

There is an A list and a B list which are submitted to UEFA. Many teams will not fill the A list of 25 as they are short of HG players. The B list contains all other players who are under 21 and thus eligible even without being on the A list.

No, this is how it works irl too.

There is an A list and a B list which are submitted to UEFA. Many teams will not fill the A list of 25 as they are short of HG players. The B list contains all other players who are under 21 and thus eligible even without being on the A list.

I was unaware of that. Thanks.

There is, on the exact same day that they update the coefficents and announce the club rankings, doesn't happen when you are starting a game though.

Ahh, I'm usually playing online so I probably zoom past the news item and not notice it to do other stuff within the continue timer.

But it will remind you to not sell all your home grown players in the first instance.

Excuse me, but I find hard to belief that adding "In case you don't have enough homegrown players just subtract the remaining number to 25 players you need to register (if 2 HG player are left then you choose 23 players in total)" is so hard to do. SI really need to program 500,000 lines of code just to add that. :rolleyes:

Archived