pathetic board expecting too much!

hey guys, i started unemployed after starting a new game with Professional experience so i could get fairly decent jobs, and managed to get the Luton job in October that year, when i took over they were 14th and with no money spent i managed to win the Conference Premier which i was delighted with and started to look around for players to survive in League 2.

then when i got the start of season expectations, i still offered zero money which i wasnt bothered about as i don't need money to bring in players, but i am expected to get Promotion to League 1, which i was shocked about, firstly because that was so unachievable specially with no money to spend whats so ever, and 2ndly because i was really enjoying my time with Luton and was hoping on slow progression with them to make them a strong side.

why is my board giving me a stay of excution and having stupidly over the top expectations?

Expectations seem to depend on:

1) club reputation

2) the chairman's hidden personality attributes

So either your club rep is high enough that the board think you should be getting promoted, and/or your chairman is extremely ambitious (but apparently not generous/stupid enough to give you money he doesn't have).

If you go to the Information screen from your squad page, what's the media prediction?

hey guys, i started unemployed after starting a new game with Professional experience so i could get fairly decent jobs, and managed to get the Luton job in October that year, when i took over they were 14th and with no money spent i managed to win the Conference Premier which i was delighted with and started to look around for players to survive in League 2.

then when i got the start of season expectations, i still offered zero money which i wasnt bothered about as i don't need money to bring in players, but i am expected to get Promotion to League 1, which i was shocked about, firstly because that was so unachievable specially with no money to spend whats so ever, and 2ndly because i was really enjoying my time with Luton and was hoping on slow progression with them to make them a strong side.

why is my board giving me a stay of excution and having stupidly over the top expectations?

Mate I got something like this as well when I took over Bolton about 4 seasons in. They were in the relegation zone so I saved them. Next year we were expected mid-table and finished in 6th. Next season I won the Europa League and finished 4th, so the season expectations come around and I'm expected to win the league and champions league ! Only willing to give me 15m as well. :eek:Needless to say I left em

Expectations seem to depend on:

1) club reputation

2) the chairman's hidden personality attributes

So either your club rep is high enough that the board think you should be getting promoted, and/or your chairman is extremely ambitious (but apparently not generous/stupid enough to give you money he doesn't have).

If you go to the Information screen from your squad page, what's the media prediction?

the media expectation is 7th place, which while i dont believe i can do, i woudlve been very happy with that.

Luton Town's club rep is high mate that's why. The wage bill is like £40,000 odd if im not mistaken while other teams in the same division have to make do with much less. TBH you can attract some quality players to Luton on frees so promotion shouldn't really be that difficult. You should easily be able to get consecutive promotions to the prem if you sign some decent frees.

If the media prediction is 7th, then any chairman will probably expect a run at the playoffs at the least. I'd guess your chairman is a bit more ambitious than average, that's all. It happens in real life - some chairman give managers a lot of time, others want instant results.

Yo Im managing Luton at the moment, I got the same expectation I got promoted from BSP and they expected me to win league 2 (which I did). I thought it was ridiculous at the beggining of the season and even half way through i was 9th or something, but January came and i had 250k to spend (sales) and I bought 2/3 decent players (at max wages possible) if I didnt get promotion financially wed of been dead, so the board is essentially saying 'pick up as many frees as possible, stretch the wage budget to breaking point, try and sell to improve the squad in January and hope for no significant injuries. Oh and if you fail we'll sack you'.

so the board is essentially saying 'pick up as many frees as possible, stretch the wage budget to breaking point, try and sell to improve the squad in January and hope for no significant injuries. Oh and if you fail we'll sack you'.

But you didn't fail.

So I would rate your chairman motivating attribute with 20. The guy certainly knows how to get best out of his manager without spending anything on transfers.

I had my board expect me to "learn from participating" in the Euro Cup. I won my first match up, but barely lost in the next round.

I found out they were disappointed with my efforts. For whatever reason they changed their expectations sometime after I lost the damn round.

Ya true, because of the expectation I was very aggressive in the transfer market, scouts out all season, I was doing loads of mind games at the end of the season aswell (something I never do), also I was really mean to the players (especially when we were mid table in January).

So the real congratulations have to go to the chairman :/

Ya true, because of the expectation I was very aggressive in the transfer market, scouts out all season, I was doing loads of mind games at the end of the season aswell (something I never do), also I was really mean to the players (especially when we were mid table in January).

So the real congratulations have to go to the chairman :/

When team loses, it's manager's fault.

When team wins, it's club/players/team effort + fans support. Oh yeah, and there's some guy who usually stands near sideline during games - who knows what he does anyway?

Archived