Can I learn Italian?

In time you will become fluent in Italian yes. I'm not sure of the real efffect in the game - apart from when you get a job in a foreign tounge that you are not fluent in - the press say will it be a problem in the appointment pres conference - I think that it is purley cosmetic - a bit like Capello with England. I dont think it will have any adverse effects in not being fluent - but it should not take too long! ;)

Thats just my take on it.

It seems to take a year to learn a language. Spanish, Russian, Portuguese and Czech after one season but Ukrainian, Turkish and Norwegian didn't take when I took over mid-season.

I hoped it would make a difference but Brazilian players don't seem like me any more than the French ones.

• 2 weeks later...
When Ancelotti started his english wasnt all that, but he still yelled at the Chelsea squad in Italian and it worked so I guess, "football is the only universal language" you need :D

Ray Wilkins can speak both Italian and English so he probably translated or did the team talks.

I've managed in Wales for like 3 years but still don't know any Welsh. Why is this?

There was a thread about this mate, for some reason (probably because Wales is classed as a part of the UK) it hasn't got it's own recognised language on FM :thdn:

Im currently in 2029 and along with managing clubs in England and Italy, I have been having short stints with various national teams with the aim of learning new languages with most of them. So far I have managed; Belgium, Italy, Brazil, Cameroon, Mexico, England, Spain, Czech Republic, South Korea.So now my manager is fluent in: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish and currently waiting to for a new national job to become available. Moving around the various national teams has added some longevity to my game (as did changing clubs), It seems that you can become fluent in the language after around 1 year of a managing a national team.

Every language has a different difficulty setting so you will learn some quicker than you would others. For example Chinese is a difficult language you would have to manage a Chinese team/national team longer to learn it than you would, say, French.

I wish I could add the language's I already speak when I setup a manager. I already know at least basic French, and Spanish.

Not entirely related but wanted to ask, do staff pick up languages too? (though im not sure if it even would matter much, but would make sence If you could communicate with your A.M. at least)

Yeah the staff learn too. I think it may depend on their adaptability rating as to how quickly they learn.

So far I have managed; Belgium, Italy, Brazil, Cameroon, Mexico, England, Spain, Czech Republic, South Korea.So now my manager is fluent in: English ,Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish
Just a stupid question, how did you learn Arabic? Can't find any of those countries really talk Arabic, or was it just something you had because of your nationality (like me :D)? If not, did it take long? because in real life, It does :rolleyes:

Just a stupid question, how did you learn Arabic? Can't find any of those countries really talk Arabic, or was it just something you had because of your nationality (like me :D)? If not, did it take long? because in real life, It does :rolleyes:

Moroccan second nationality

Archived